Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
so i just flew from LA to London, my iphone was tucked away safely in it's incase case, in a small pocket in my notebook bag. now i take a closer look at it and see this little white line/scratch on the top left of the glass. it looks like a scratch but i can't feel anything when i run my finger over it. plus where it was stored, there was nothing sharp or metal, to cause such damage.

any ideas? could this be caused from underneath the glass somehow?

it's not a big deal, and not something i'd take it back for, but just wanted to get some opinions from yall.

Attachments

• IMG_8637.JPG
    IMG_8637.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 140

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Thats definitely a manufacturers problem and Apple will replace it for you, I had something just like it and they replaced it no questions asked

aroundandaround

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
I have the exact same problem with my iPhone (in the exact same place.)
Do you really think that Apple will replace it?

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
If everything else is fine with your iPhone I would defiantly keep it, because there is always the risk of getting a faultier unit.

I think that they would replace yours If you asked them to

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Don't get it replaced if you like your current iPhone except for the scratch. It's not worth the trouble of risking a worse iPhone. I'm on my 4th iPhone and I'm not giving this one up... why? Because it's perfect and I don't wanna go through 4 more before I get another one like this.

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Don't get it replaced if you like your current iPhone except for the scratch. It's not worth the trouble of risking a worse iPhone. I'm on my 4th iPhone and I'm not giving this one up... why? Because it's perfect and I don't wanna go through 4 more before I get another one like this.

i know how you feel. this is my 3rd! and even though it does have a little bit of light leak on the left side (as did the previous 2) this is the best of all. great battery, no hardware problems, flush screen.

the only reason i'm considering taking it back is this problem with the screen devalues my iphone. say if i want to sell it in the future, it's no longer in the prestine condition that i tried to keep it in.

god damn apple and their crap quality control, we can't even take our phones back in fear of getting worse ones.

ps: anyone know what causes this lines underneath the screens?? seems pretty weird.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008

GASP

TheSpaz we finally agree !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.