What Should I do....

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
hi folks,

i'm selling my PC Laptop on Ebay, and hoping and once that hopefully sells tomorrow, I'll have between $1,300 and $1,500 to spend on a new Mac.

Should I go with a iBook or PowerBook?? On the Apple Website, there offering a 12" PowerBook 1.33ghz for $1,099.... can't beat that.......

Or should I buy there refurb iBook for $799 which is the 1.2ghz and spend the extra money on RAM?

All help is appreciated. - I really like the PowerBooks, but was wondering if I should go with those, get a current iBook, or wait for there revisions????

So many Choices!!!!!!!!!!
 

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
1,496
0
:noitаɔo˩
Though the PB are really nice, the iBooks are better value for money right now IMHO.

If you plan on lugging it around a lot and are not very careful with your stuff, go for the iBook, it's built like a tank!


I'd definetly recommend adding in RAM whichever you buy, maybe even max out if you can: OS X really likes lots of RAM.
 

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
1,229
0
New York
What are you going to be using the machine for? If you need certain features found on teh PB then get the PB. If you don;t need special/extra features save yourself money and get the iBook. You won't really see a big difference in speed between the 2 machines.
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,874
57
You will not be happy with that refub 899 discounted to 799 iBook.

That is one of the education iBooks, so it only has a CD-ROM drive -- you'd likely want something with at least a DVD/CD-RW drive in it.

There is a lot of education stuff there with CD-ROM (or no opticals) right now, and with more stuff being shipped on DVD -- you'd be SOL.
 

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
Here's the Latest:

If my PC Laptop Sells on Ebay Tomorrow. I have an offer waiting from someone that will sell me there 12" 1.33ghz PB w/ 768mb of ram and Photoshop and Office for 1,100.

Praying tonight that it sells!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for Tiger!!
 

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
852
1
NYC
I am in the same boat with my PC. I will have about $1500 - 1700 and want a PB, but am worried about the size of the 12" screen; I may go for a 1.33 ghz, but is that fast??
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.