What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by briceman, Jan 12, 2012.

1. briceman macrumors member

So, I got an iPad 2 at the end of December. I just recently noticed some slight bleed on the screen. It's only noticeable when the brightness is high and it's dark in the room, on a blank screen. Should I take it in? Also, it's a refurbished iPad 2. I figured I'd get one because I could get double the memory for the same price. Everything else on it is flawless.

2. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

It wouldn't hurt to take it into an apple store and discuss it with them.

3. DankNugz macrumors regular

If it bothers you then take it in. It would definitely bother me so I would have it swapped out for a new one since you bought it recently.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    If it is your custom to set the brightness at full, then sit in a dark room staring at a blank screen, by all means visit your local Apple store and give them those details.

Since you said it is flawless under all other conditions, I don't quite understand the problem.

5. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

I received a refurbished iPad as a gift and it had 2 dead pixels smack in the center of the screen. I took it back to my local apple store returned it and paid the difference for a new one. I would take yours back as well as the screen bleed is a known issue with the iPad.

6. briceman thread starter macrumors member

Won't they replace it under warranty? Why would I have to pay the difference for a new one?

7. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

They should replace it for you. I just chose to buy a new one. I actually received two of the same cases for Christmas so I returned one to offset the cost and only ended up paying $40usd for a brand new one.

8. briceman thread starter macrumors member

Ok cool, I'll set up and appointment then. Any suggestions on how to present the issue to them?

9. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

I'm sure they are very aware of the issue so I would just come right out and say it.

10. briceman thread starter macrumors member

11. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

12. briceman thread starter macrumors member

Sure, will do.

For the record, I LOVE the iPad 2! :) The best electronic product I've ever owned.