What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

I ordered an accessory for my iPhone from Spigen SGP about 1 hour ago. As I pressed "Place Order" on their website, I accidentally hit the back button on Google Chrome on my Mac. This brought me back to the cart page. I checked my credit card, and I was indeed charged for what I bought, but the order is not showing up on my account's orders page, and I received no email confirming the order like previous times I have ordered from them. SGP has no phone number to contact, just email, and I will have to wait several days. Today is the last day of the month, and fees will be assessed on my card for what I bought, even though according to SGP, I never bought it!

Thanks.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't know of anything you can "instantly" do. You can call your card provider and say the charge is fraudulent, but that usually takes several days to result in an action.

What do you mean about "fees will be assessed on my card for what I bought". You're not talking about interest fees, are you?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

No, for internet purchases (especially shady ones), I use one of those disposable cards as not to give out a real card. The way this one works is that at the end of the billing cycle (today), I get charged a percentage of what I spent, including this "fake" purchase, which I cannot get refunded for.

----------

They only have email which judging by the last time I had to contact them, will take a week.

5. pat park macrumors 6502a

I would contact Spigen directly and explain what happened. Chances are, you'll get it resolved with no issues. They are a. Reputable company.

6. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

contact Spigen directly first. They should be able to at least see the transaction happened and I'm sure youre not the first. If all else fails dispute it with the bank

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't think (from his OP) that he could find information for how to immediately contact them.

8. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

9. rrcompton macrumors member

He knows.

I've never known a U.S. based company to not have a customer service number? :confused:

10. Jimmy Guphanti, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

That's a red flag.

I bought the screen protector again and made sure the page loaded. It went through properly, I was charged again, the order was added to my account, I received an email for it, and it shipped earlier today. This means that the first order was indeed a glitch. I emailed them, selected "Urgent" as the setting in their support page, and have not received a response. If I don't hear back soon, I will dispute the other charge.

By the way, check this out: http://forums.imore.com/accessories/241909-spigen-sgp-customer-service-sucks.html

The fact that such a reputable and seemingly popular company has no phone number to contact, is a real red flag in my book.

11. takeshi74, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sounds like a hassle and a crummy deal. What happens if a credit needs to be issued or if you do need to dispute the charge? Which card are you using?

A number of companies don't have contact numbers. Take Google, for example.

If it's a red flag for you then why didn't you check before ordering?

12. rrcompton macrumors member

Google's number is (650) 253-0000.

13. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Check what? I didn't know this would happen. I assumed they are like 99% of other companies who have phone numbers.

Also, to make matters worse, SGP replied to my email with some passive aggressive nonsense. They said that my order did go through (because I ordered it again and it went through the second time), and that if I want a refund, I should return it, completely overlooking the double-charge and problem that I had, even though I spelled it out completely in my email.

I'm never buying anything from them again. They are a scam company.

14. pat park macrumors 6502a

I purchased. Spigen screen protector on eBay, had some issues and communicated with someone via eBay. They were very responsive and helpful. I'm surprised to see such difficulty in contacting customer service via purchasing thou their website.

15. rrcompton macrumors member

I'm with you on that. Why would I need to make sure they have a phone number before placing an order? I've never heard of ANY retailer not having some type of customer service phone number to call.

Guess there's a first time for everything. :cool:

16. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE: I just checked my mail (real mail), and they sent me 2 packages, but according to them, my account, my receipt, and the email they sent me, I only ordered it once.

17. rrcompton macrumors member

I guess you made out in the end. :D

18. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Naw, making out is when you pay for one, they mess up and send you 2. At least if I screw it up I'll have extra, otherwise, I'll return the second one. It's funny that in this day and age, websites and companies can still glitch like this.

19. rrcompton macrumors member

I thought that's was what happened, you ordered one and they sent you two?

So they charged you for two and sent you two? If so then yeah you didn't make out. :eek:

20. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered one, it glitched during my first attempt to order it, charged me twice, told me I was getting one, and I got 2.