What should i do?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nataliea35, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Nataliea35 macrumors member

So i ordered a 5s on 10/15 because my old phone crapped out on me. But i really wanted a 6. The gold 16. I am with Verizon on a family plan. But i got my 5s and not even 2 days later the price went down on the edge plan. So now i am paying the same price as i would be for a 6. So should i go without a phone for about 2 weeks and return the phone tomorrow. I should also say i am living in Wyoming and we don't have a corporate store. What should i do?!!
    Natalie

2. wxman2003 Suspended

You have a 2 week return window, although I do believe verizon charges a restocking fee. Do you have a another backup phone, or know someone that does? If you do, and want the 6, return the 5S and order the 6.

3. uchosen macrumors 6502

Seems like you want the 6. So why not wait (gasp) the 2 weeks and get the phone you really want.

4. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

I do want it. But i will be without a phone for 2 weeks. Because i qualified for the early edge promotion. So i need to mail my phone in by tomorrow.

5. uchosen macrumors 6502

If you don't have a backup phone, you could get a cheap prepaid phone for calls or is a smartphone critical to your profession?

6. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

That's a good point. I might be able to get by. My housemate has a landline and i have my tablet and my job had phones. Hmmm...

7. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Don't forget to hold on to your SIM card. Maybe you can score an iPhone 5 in the meantime.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Definitely return it and get the 6. You'll be keeping this phone for a very long time so 2 weeks of inconvenience isn't too much of a price to pay.

9. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

Really? Do you think i should do this? I am so torn. Thanks for letting me sound off.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I can't think of anything you'll be using as much as your phone so I say go for it. 2 weeks isn't much compared the how long you'll use it. When you get it, it will be worth the trouble.

11. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

What phone do you have? If you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

12. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

6 plus :)

13. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. Do you love it? I was debating on that one....

14. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

15. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Have you called Verizon about the price change on the 5S? They might credit you the price difference since it was only two days. I know that Apple and ATT have the 5S at $499 16gb and $599 32gb. What was Verizon's price and what do you mean the price went down on Edge? I would not pay the same price for a 5S as a 6. I would return it and get the 6. You will definitely not get the same resale value for the 5S over the 6.

Are you trying to hold out for the 6S? I am with ATT and the Next program lets you trade in after 12 or 18mos on a new phone. Is it the same with Edge? If so, then you can get the 6 and then trade up to the 6S, or you can keep the 5S and trade up to the 6S. But, I would only keep the 5S if they credit the price adjustment amount.

16. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered it over the phone on 10/15 and qualified for the early edge program which is like the Next promotion. So when i ordered it it was 27 a month for the 5s and then 2 days later the 6 was 27 and the 5s was 22. I just didn't want to go above 30. And i have tried to , contact them numerous times. But no credit or anything. Only option is to exchange it by tomorrow via mail.

17. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Then I would return it and order a 6. No way I would pay same price for a 5S as a 6. I have the Gold i6 64gb and I love it.

18. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I LOVE my 6 plus. The big screen is awesome. I suggest you go to the Apple Store and play with one to get an idea about the size as its a big phone. I'm a big guy so it's not a problem to me.

19. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. Another option someone brought up was wait until i can edge up...but i really don't like the,fact that i am,paying more. I think that is what bothers me.

20. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

Return it please! The 2 weeks wait will be worth it.

21. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

I live in rural Wyoming and the closest Apple store is in Denver. And I'm 3 hrs from a corporate store. So yeah. That's why i am utilizing these forums.

22. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Are there any carriers around you? I am sure any one of them will have demo units to look at. Doesn't have to be an Apple store.

23. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah we have an authorized retailer. I might go try there. Thx.

24. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

There ya go ;) Did you buy your phone from Verizon or Apple? If Verizon, then you can just return it at the store and also look at the 6 and 6+ while you are there and exchange or re-order

25. Nataliea35 thread starter macrumors member

Since its an authorized retailer they can't do those things. I wish. I really want this to work out.