What should I do !!!

2Shae

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
249
0
I don't know what to do:confused:

i really like the iMac both the 20" and the 24" but I feel as if it's still not complete. That's why I actually don't want to buy one now, but I also do want to buy it now because I got a 100 euro coupon for an iMac till 30 september


I don't know what to choose.
Should I:
- Buy a 20" core 2 duo standard or upgrade the RAM and Videocard
- Buy a 24" core 2 duo standard or upgrade the RAM and Videocard and also use it as a TV
- Buy a PC for 1600 euro + 19" TFT
- Or wait till OS X Leopard and maybe there will also be an upgraded iMac.
 

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
758
31
Georgia
2Shae said:
I don't know what to do:confused:

i really like the iMac both the 20" and the 24" but I feel as if it's still not complete. That's why I actually don't want to buy one now, but I also do want to buy it now because I got a 100 euro coupon for an iMac till 30 september


I don't know what to choose.
Should I:
- Buy a 20" core 2 duo standard or upgrade the RAM and Videocard
- Buy a 24" core 2 duo standard or upgrade the RAM and Videocard and also use it as a TV
- Buy a PC for 1600 euro + 19" TFT
- Or wait till OS X Leopard and maybe there will also be an upgraded iMac.
Buy the PC for 1600 euro + 19" TFT!!! That will make you happy for a couple of days and then you will find out that you have an ugly computer that runs Windows. What ever you do, don't get a PC!!!

I'm guessing there will be a spec bump at the OSX Leopard launch in the spring. However, that is 6 months away. People need to stop looking 6 months down the road and buy what they want now!!
 

2Shae

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
249
0
I also don't want to wait 6 months but it would be very f*cked up if I would buy a iMac now and Leopard in 6 months and then to find out that either the prices dropped or that it's upgraded.

And I know a pc doens't has the looks of an apple but at least it's upgradable.
Actualy I'm not going to buy a PC but I wish an iMac was upgradable
 

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
2,582
0
Ireland
2Shae said:
What should I do !!!
MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Seriously though i'm in two minds myself whether to build a good pc, as i have two good monitors already, with a zalman cooling tower for quietness or buy an iMac.
 

babsuvulawho

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2006
52
0
It all depends on your computing needs, meaning what do you plan on using the computer for? Before people can really offer suggestions they need to know what you will be doing with the machine.

In most cases I would encourage you do abandon Windows in favour of a Mac but there are other considerations to take into account.
 

2Shae

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
249
0
TBi said:
MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Seriously though i'm in two minds myself whether to build a good pc, as i have two good monitors already, with a zalman cooling tower for quietness or buy an iMac.
it's difficult ain't it, since you can only spend the money once. Well I can only spend this kind of money once every 2,5-3 years for a pc :p
 

2Shae

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
249
0
babsuvulawho said:
It all depends on your computing needs, meaning what do you plan on using the computer for? Before people can really offer suggestions they need to know what you will be doing with the machine.

In most cases I would encourage you do abandon Windows in favour of a Mac but there are other considerations to take into account.
Only basic things...I'm not a PC gamer cause I have a xbox 360, but I still would like to have a pc/mac of which I know has a bit of muscle
 

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
3,070
3
Calgary, AB
2Shae said:
I also don't want to wait 6 months but it would be very f*cked up if I would buy a iMac now and Leopard in 6 months and then to find out that either the prices dropped or that it's upgraded.
OMG, PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER!

It does not matter what you order or when, eventually that product is going to be upgraded, often within 6-8 months. This is technology and that's how it works.

The iMac was just updated yesterday, this is as bleeding edge as your going to get unless you work for apple and get your hands on a prototype.

If your going to use the "I don't want to buy and then have them upgrade 6 months later" argument than you will never end up buying.
 

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
1,482
1
2Shae said:
I also don't want to wait 6 months but it would be very f*cked up if I would buy a iMac now and Leopard in 6 months and then to find out that either the prices dropped or that it's upgraded.
Then the solution is that you should not buy a computer. I guarantee that one or both of those things will happen in 6 months, and continue to happen every 6 months after that.

Honestly, buy a computer when you need one. Don't worry about the newer models that will certainly come along. Concentrate on how much better your new computer is compared to your old one (and how many revisions will come and go before your new computer needs to be replaced).
 

erikamsterdam

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2006
183
0
amsterdam
If you want upgradable then buy a Mac Pro with a separate display.
But you would be better off pricewise buying an iMac now and maxing it out, then you don't need to upgrade for the next 3-4 years.