What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vgf, Sep 29, 2007.

1. vgf macrumors newbie

Ok, so first of all I'm sorry because i know issues like this have already come up or have been posted about, but i still haven't found all the info i need.
    I'm considering buying a macbook soon and i was curious if I should wait for leopard.
    On the other hand, I'm extremely impatient, so if I were to buy now, would there be some sort of free (or reduced price) upgrade since it's so soon to the leopard release?
    Will there most likely be a flooding of relatively cheap "refurbished" macbooks from apple that are still running tiger shortly before the leopard release?
    Also, should I wait to see if the faintly rumored redesign of the macbook follows the release of leopard? Or are these rumors unfounded?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You should wait.

In the past there have been cheap/free upgrades only once a shipping date is announced. As the shipping date has not yet been announced buying now would mean a full price upgrade.

There will be no flood of cheap refurbs with Tiger as Apple will throw a Leopard DVD in with them so the price will remain as it is now.

3. vgf thread starter macrumors newbie

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i'm assuming since you asked the question you can wait... if you don't necessarily need a computer this moment, you should probably wait till you know what's going on in october

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'd say that because we're so close now, it would be worth your while to just wait it out. You don't seem to need one now, so don't get one now. I also suggest waiting a few weeks after Leopard comes out for two reasons:

1. Better stability-this is esspecially true if you wait until Apple releases 10.5.1 or even .2

2. Chance of upgrades: depending on when Leopard comes out (looks like late October at this point), you could see an update to the macbooks. Their update cycle places them into early November, so I would wait until then, as reason #1 might have kicked in by the time new macbooks come out.