What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vgf, Sep 29, 2007.

  1. vgf macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2007
    #1
    Ok, so first of all I'm sorry because i know issues like this have already come up or have been posted about, but i still haven't found all the info i need.
    I'm considering buying a macbook soon and i was curious if I should wait for leopard.
    On the other hand, I'm extremely impatient, so if I were to buy now, would there be some sort of free (or reduced price) upgrade since it's so soon to the leopard release?
    Will there most likely be a flooding of relatively cheap "refurbished" macbooks from apple that are still running tiger shortly before the leopard release?
    Also, should I wait to see if the faintly rumored redesign of the macbook follows the release of leopard? Or are these rumors unfounded?
     
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

    robbieduncan

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2002
    Location:
    London
    #2
    You should wait.

    In the past there have been cheap/free upgrades only once a shipping date is announced. As the shipping date has not yet been announced buying now would mean a full price upgrade.

    There will be no flood of cheap refurbs with Tiger as Apple will throw a Leopard DVD in with them so the price will remain as it is now.
     
  3. vgf thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2007
  4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

    webgoat

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #4
    i'm assuming since you asked the question you can wait... if you don't necessarily need a computer this moment, you should probably wait till you know what's going on in october
     
  5. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #5
    I'd say that because we're so close now, it would be worth your while to just wait it out. You don't seem to need one now, so don't get one now. I also suggest waiting a few weeks after Leopard comes out for two reasons:

    1. Better stability-this is esspecially true if you wait until Apple releases 10.5.1 or even .2

    2. Chance of upgrades: depending on when Leopard comes out (looks like late October at this point), you could see an update to the macbooks. Their update cycle places them into early November, so I would wait until then, as reason #1 might have kicked in by the time new macbooks come out.
     

Share This Page