Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duck33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
So, I just bought my first Macbook Pro just last Thurday and now I see Apple just released new Macbook Pro's what are your guys thoughts on if I should exchange my pro for the newer model? Keep in mind I bought my Macbook Pro at Best Buy not Apple.

I own the 2.2 120gb 2gb ram 15.4

Thanks,

SSerino

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
So, I just bought my first Macbook Pro just last Thurday and now I see Apple just released new Macbook Pro's what are your guys thoughts on if I should exchange my pro for the newer model? Keep in mind I bought my Macbook Pro at Best Buy not Apple.

I own the 2.2 120gb 2gb ram 15.4

Thanks,

Best Buy will charge 15% restocking fee, but they will sometimes waive it, but very rarely. If you package up your box really neat, you might be able to pass it off as mever being opened, sometimes the customer service reps don't even care. Maybe try going at a very busy time so they are less inclined to see if it had been opened.

Anyway, I would definitely return it and buy the newer model, even if you lose out of $300. It is totally worth it.

duck33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Best Buy will charge 15% restocking fee, but they will sometimes waive it, but very rarely. If you package up your box really neat, you might be able to pass it off as mever being opened, sometimes the customer service reps don't even care. Maybe try going at a very busy time so they are less inclined to see if it had been opened.

Anyway, I would definitely return it and buy the newer model, even if you lose out of $300. It is totally worth it.

I forgot to mention Best But matched Apple's edu discount. I got it for 1799.99 plus a printer, 2gb usb stick and a optical mouse.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
The new Macbook Pros have some new features/updates to consider.

If your current one is good with no bad pixels or any other issues, I would be tempted to keep it.

It is really up to you.

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
Call Best Buy and tell them you would like to exchange for the newer model. If they charge you the restocking fee, then decide if that is worth the upgrade. I would also go down and see how you like the new multitouch pad before deciding. Good luck to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.