What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KhuntienNang, Jul 7, 2008.

1. KhuntienNang macrumors member

I am currently using tmobile under family plan, shared with my aunt. i have no more contract with tmobile, and basically right now im month to month. my aunt just left the country, so i would like to either cancel or change my tmobile plan. and i have to change/cancel the plan by next week since that's when my cycle dues (to avoid family plan charges). i hardly use phone and have tons of mins left over every month - mostly used by my aunt, but im heavy user on emails/web app (i have the $5.99 web&app add on). so right now im thinking of canceling my plan, and switch to prepaid tmobile instead, which poses another dilemma since it has 2 type of prepaid plans.

at the same time, im planning to get 3g iphone, and would love to still keep tmobile instead of switching to at&t. but im also worried if i can't use 3g iphone on tmobile. do you think i should keep tmobile? and what plan should i get?

2. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

First of all, you can't buy an iPhone without signing for a contract with AT&T. Problem solved.

3. KhuntienNang thread starter macrumors member

really? i havent been following the iphone 3g news.
    but what about buying the iphone right from apple store? i bought my iphone 1.0 from apple (then unlocked) and used it with my tmobile before? i cant do that anymore?

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

no, you must sign the contract in store

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I don't know how anyone is unaware that the iPhone is exclusive to ATT...

6. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

He knows it is exclusive, he jailbroke his phone if you read his post.

This time around he wont be able to with the contract requirements.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Also, since the 3G t-mobile uses is a different frequency you won't get a speed boost from it.

Is it that imperative that you spin off now? If you aren't an authorized decision maker on the account they probably wont spin you off, in which case you'll have to wait for your aunt to return, get her on the phone with t-mo, or get some sort of notarized letter authorizing your spin off.

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

My girlfriend has a similar problem way back when. She was using a pre-paid phone that a friend gave her ... 3 years prior to that. We wanted to port her number over to my account but they wouldn't without notarized letters and copies of her friends license, etc etc.

In the end it just wasn't worth it, so I got her a new number.