What should I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ryannel2003, May 25, 2009.

1. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I have a 2GHz C2D MacBook that I purchased in April 2008. It's been a great laptop except for one problem... an extreme case of the cracks. Now I know this is extremely common on the earliest of MacBook's, but I've never seen a case so bad before in my life. It has cracked on one of the edges (common), around the hinges, on the left corner, and underneath the laptop there are cracks that are beginning to show. I've never dropped or abused my laptop, and i've always had it in a case. However the cracks seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm out of a warranty and I'm thinking of sending an e-mail to Apple with pictures of my MacBook. The closest Apple Store is 120 miles away from here so taking it to a genius right now isn't an option unless I get a day off work sometime soon. Any suggestions? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

honestly?

i suggest you just live with it. why? because its out of warranty and it would most likely be wasted effort as you cant prove you didnt abuse it, even if you truly didnt

just my thoughts

3. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I was thinking of at least buying a top case assembly off eBay for $50 and then taking the old one and storing it away. That would only leave me with the two cracks behind the hinges and they are only noticeable when the laptop is closed. It bothers me that a barely year old laptop has a problem like this, but hey what can you do?

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Eh, I'd just call them, explain your case, and hopefully mail it in. They understand the cracking issue near the palm rest and would hopefully at least fix that. You are only a month out of warranty, after all.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I agree. The worst they can say is no, right? :)