What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nameht, Jul 5, 2010.

1. nameht macrumors newbie

Hello,

I need some help here, I pre-ordered on the apple site

Order Date: Jun 17, 2010 at 07:02 AM PDT

and then called in on the 25th and got on my local apple's priority list. The pre-order is in the "prepared for shipment" stage, but now my iPhone is ready to be picked up at the apple store.

The problem is that since it is now in the prepared for shipment stage I am not upgrade eligible. I want to get my phone as quick as possible

What are my options here? Any help would be great. Thanks!!

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

refuse the package?

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I guess you could call Apple and try to get them to cancel your order but I think once it's prepared for shipment you can't do anything about it.

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

The logical choice is to wait for the one you ordered to ship to you. Shouldn't be more than a couple days, right?

No risk of nightmares of cancelling the online order and not being able to get your eligibility reset before the priority-list unit at the Apple store is gone.

Remember: it's just a frakin' phone. A couple days wait isn't going to make any difference when you look back in six months.

6. nameht thread starter macrumors newbie

Refusing the package wont help me in getting it at the apple store through the priority list, since it will show that I am not upgrade eligible.

What would it cost me to setup a new line, get the subsidized price and then cancel that line, paying the ETF?

7. Thetics macrumors regular

Are you effing serious?! Cancel your plan, sign up for a new play, pay ETF because you can't wait a few days? "it's just a phone, relax, retire, calm down. The cake is a lie"

8. XJ13sd macrumors member

Yeah, if it's prepared for shipment you are prob going to have to wait for delivery now. Call apple and release your phone so someone else can buy it asap. The ETF and extra line are not worth the hassle and the money for 2-3 days of use.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Minimum of a month's service plus $325 ETF. Possibly full retail price, I'm not sure where the specific cutoff is in terms of cancelling the line and keeping the phone at the subsidized price with just paying ETF.

It's a phone, not a cure for cancer. A couple days won't make any difference.

and if you think it's easy to say this 'cuz I have an ip4, I don't. I'm in no hurry and find all this angst mildly fascinating.

10. nameht thread starter macrumors newbie

okay I am just going to wait

I was just wondering what the cost would be on the ETF because I could probably sell one of the phones and make up the cost. but it does seem like to much of a hassle

I guess ill just wait it out hopefully it will be here by friday

thanks everyone

11. pwb2103 macrumors member

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same position. Just going to release my reservation and wait for the painfully slow process of it showing up in the mail... it makes me die inside to have to wait so long, but I'm just going to bite my lip and hope it shows up in a week.

12. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Dayum, signing up a new line/cancelling old just cos you cnt wait a few days more?! What is up with some people??!

Just be a man and wait it out for the preorder to deliver.
    Spare a thought for those who are waiting on the white (like me) and if we can wait another three weeks, I'm sure you'll survive a few days.

13. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

That's a pricy alternative just wait the few days it will be there. It's definitely not worth jumping through all of those hoops. If it's prepared you'll get it soon and save yourself a few dollars.