What should I get for use in my car?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tu13es, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Tu13es macrumors regular

I previously used an iPod Video when in the car, connected to my aux in via the dock connector. I usually just hit play and threw the iPod in a cupholder or wherever.

I just picked up a 3GS and will be using that for car music now, but I want to be a little more careful with it. Any suggestions for something that I could place the iPhone on or in while in the car that'll keep it in a bit better of shape?

To clarify, I'm not interested in a normal iPhone case. Just something to keep it a little more secure while I'm driving around and whatnot.

2. raymanster macrumors 6502

raymanster

You need a Brodit holder, check it out:

www.proclipusa.com

Also after finding what you want have a look on ebay, sometimes turns out chepaer then Proclip.

3. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

+1 to the ProClip recommendation. The mount is customized for your vehicle. I just installed the padded tilt 3GS holder with swivel in my '08 Accord tonight. Looks absolutely fantastic, and feels incredibly solid and sturdy.

There's no denying that it's more expensive than other options. If you'll be happy dealing with windshield/dashboard mounts that use adhesive, go right ahead with that.

But there's nothing that'll top ProClip. Looks almost OEM.