Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Selenolycus

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I got my refurb iPod 2GB 1st Gen in today. It shipped with the new-style earbuds. They still sound rather crappish. I hope no one actually pays $30 for these things in their own box. :eek:

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
It does lead me to ask, however, a question on FedEx shipping:

The tracking shows my iPod nano has been sitting in Sacramento, CA (I'm in Norman, OK) since the 1:00am on the 6th, and it's due to be delivered in 2 days. WHY THE HECK IS IT SITTING IN A SHIPPING FACILITY GATHERING DUST FOR THIS LONG!?

Hehehe... mines doing the same thing... The answer is that FedEx is a bunch of useless morons and they don't scan things on the way out the door, just when they get there. They don't even scan stuff when it makes stops along the way, pretty much only at the final destination, or at best the regional hub before the final stop. I emailed them to make sure my iPod (5G 30gb) was indeed going to get here on the 13th as promised, and they claim it really is in transit.

My question is, why bother having a "detailed" online tracking system if you aren't going to use it? UPS has a similar system and it works great, letting you know where your crap is every step of the way.

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
I would definitely go with a new nano, if only for the better battery life and scratch-resistant exterior.

nestea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
so do you guys think they will make a baclk one in differnet GB's?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.