What should I know?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoeconner, Mar 25, 2009.

1. zoeconner macrumors regular

Im getting ready to order my Macbook Pro 17". Anything I should know before I order? I read a lot of post here and seen theres a lot of haters.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

:)

Congrats on the order, you will love the notebook. Can't think of anything to watch for at the moment? Be sure to update the software after initial boot.

3. ozontheroad macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

apple laptops are fantastic.... you won't regret it. I've had my PB for for just over 6 years and its still running great (tiger) and with a bit of care it will look like new for as long as you have it.

one recommendation i have read around the forum is that it is a good idea to erase the preloaded installation of the OS and do a fresh install. if i recall correctly it had something to do with the GPU driver (might be wrong though)

however it is still a good idea to do a fresh installation, this way you can gain dome HD space by selecting the language/s that you need, you also can select which printer drivers you want.

regarding printer drivers, you might want to deselect all and download the latest from the manufacturer website.

i hope this helps.

4. bossxii macrumors 68000

Proven fact: If you want a perfect laptop you order one for a complete stranger... and one for youself :)

Hit me up for my shipping info! lol J/K I would only need a MB, not a MBP :D

I say roll the dice either way Apple will take care of you. The stories about service seem to always end with the customer being happy, even if it was a bit of a struggle, they seem to do the right thing in the end. :)