What should I of paid.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by danyog1, Jan 6, 2014.

1. danyog1 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering how much I should of paid for a Macbook mid 2010 2.40GHz core 2 duo 6GB DDR3 ram and a 250GB Harddrive it is in excellent condition with maybe 1 or 2 marks battery lasts a good 4 hours
    How much should I of paid ?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

According to Mac2Sell - about $360.
    Could be up to $450, I suppose - at the most.

If you are buying for resale, you would likely pay less.
    If buying for your own use, then the amount that you pay should depend on what you are comfortable with, assuming that you have an idea about the value that you get.
    Are you pleased with what you received?
    And, did you price-check BEFORE you bought it?
    Unless you have something to complain about to the seller, it's a bit late to talk about price now, particularly after money has passed to the seller.

3. danyog1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was just looking to buy to use for my own use, as I was sick of how slow my 2006 macbook was getting. I paid $160 so I'm now quite pleased judging by your prices.
    I'm very happy as there is nothing I can fault about it, and it is much faster than my old 2006 macbook.
    I didn't really look at prices as I paid $327 for my macbook 2006. (I know a lot for a 2006 in 2013 but i was just desperate to own a mac.
    Thanks very much for your reply. :)

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

What a great deal you got and that Mac will last you a while as it supports 16 GB of RAM and has a decent Core 2 Duo. Granted the Core 2 Duo is easily outperformed now, when it is coupled with 16GB of RAM and a SATA II SSD that little MacBook will be flying!

5. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

16GB and a SSD (I use a SATA III one and it works fine) and you'll have a great machine running Mavericks as smooth as recent machines. You'll only feel it's a bit slow if you do intensive multicore processing. Otherwise you'll be fine for the next two or three years or while nothing else fails.

6. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Whoa :eek:

If you paid that much, you are one lucky son of a gun. And like others have said, do upgrade the RAM and get an SSD and have a feeling of a brand new machine :)

7. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Wow. That's a great price! I would normally say to look in to making a quick turnover on it but to be honest for the money those MacBooks are going for in the norm anyway you'll only be in ball park of another one at similar spec so you may as well hang on to it!

Nothing like getting a good bargain. My Mac Pro cost me £135 ($200) when at the time they were going for approx. £400 ($650). Makes you appreciate the machine just that little bit more.