What should I pay for a 13" aluminum mb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macloven, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

A client of mine has a 1st gen 13" aluminum macbook, base model without the lit keyboard that he wants to sell. He purchased applecare and an extra power supply. Computers aren't for him, so he wants to get rid of it. Almost no use on it, no software to speak of but perfect condition.

A local store is going to offer him something tomorrow and he said he'd call me with right of first refusal. I honestly don't "need" it, but if the price is right figure I'd grab it as I know it's essentially unused.

What's a good deal????

Mark

2. grassfeeder macrumors regular

Look at it this way - if he's going to try and off load it at a store - they're going to low ball him so they can in turn make a profit on it. So, whatever price he tells you he was offered is going to be about as low as it can get!

Example:

Price new = $1,299
    Price used = $950 ?? who knows to be exact, just an example
    Their offer = $700?? again, who knows however they're going to need to make at least $200-$250 to make it even worth their time.

Now go out and try and find someone selling a virtually untouched one for $700??

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

The MB you are talking about is on the Apple Refurb store for $950. Mac2Sell quotes $900. But, the guy has AppleCare and an extra adapter. I would say anything less than $975 is fair.

4. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

Around $700 I guess I'd consider it, but I can get the $1099 deal for my daughter (starting college this fall) plus the Touch and printer included. Guess I'll see what he throws out tomorrow, but thinking I'll end up getting shiny new sealed box and Touch deal. That $1099 deal is amazing imo, and making the used one less attractive the more I think about it.

thanks for the input,

Mark

5. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

I would consider a reasonable price for it to be around $900-$1000, considering at that price it is more that $200 cheaper than the current 13" MBP, and still quite a deal compared to the current whitebook.