What should I sell my 15inch MBPR for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GWS6922, May 8, 2018.

1. GWS6922 macrumors newbie

I have a like new 2015 15 inch MacBook Pro with retina display. It's pretty much flawless and only has 22 battery cycles. It's the basic 256GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. Everything I see is all over the place on price. I have the box as well. I need to sell to help pay medical bills for stupid cancer so I am trying to be smart on this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. PBG4 Dude, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018

PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

You can check eBay completed auctions to find out final sales prices for your model laptop.

There is also Swappa, which is more of a direct sale website without the auction bits of eBay. There’s also craigslist if you want to sell locally and have a good public site to do the sale.

The no hassle trade in places like Gazelle won’t offer you nearly as much as a direct sale.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. F*** cancer and the horse it rode in on. :-(

3. GWS6922 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I checked out Mac of All Trades and they submitted an offer but I am hoping to get a little more. I don't have the energy to do a lot of haggling and running around and may just take it and ship to them.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

If you're going that route then definitely check all the purchase places like Gazelle and Sell Your Mac, etc, to get the best price.