Price Advice What Should I sell my iMac for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Evil Wayzz, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Evil Wayzz macrumors newbie

Short & simple, I am overly electrified with the new 2012 iMac and would like to buy a maxed out version but I want to sell my current iMac first.

Can I get some input from you guy/gals on what is a good asking price for my iMac?

Here is a screenshot of my setup.
    on a side note it's in perfect condition and the HDD was replaced due to the recall.
    And it has 1TB of storage.
    [​IMG]

I apologize if i failed to use the search bar if a topic already existed on my question.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Evil Wayzz thread starter macrumors newbie

I used Mac2Sell but the site just seemed odd is if it was not legit.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's definitely legit.

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

Its legit but that is just a baseline, the market will ultimately dictate what you get for it. I think first you need to decide what do you WANT for it, then decide what is the least you would accept for it. Then check ebay on completed auctions for machines like yours and somehwere between Mac2Sell, ebay and your desired price point is your magic number.