Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Upgrade?

• iPad mini

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • iPad with Retina Display

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Wait for iPad 5/iPad mini 2

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
I currently have an iPad 2 which I've had for over a year now and I've been looking at all the new iPads coming out and I'm wondering if I should upgrade and what I should upgrade to. I've been looking at the iPad 4 and it's really amazing with the fast A6X processor and retina display, which my iPad 2 doesn't have, and then I've also been looking at the iPad mini's, which are essentially an iPad 2 but are very light and portable and have a great camera, Siri, and other features that the iPad 2 doesn't. Also, I've been reading about the rumors of a new iPad 5 coming out early next year... Which i'm not sure is true or not. Basically, I just really would love to get a new iPad, but I don't know which one to choose from. I have an iPad 1st gen that I love so much, but it's loosing its use, so I'm selling it, so I'll have some extra money. So, iPad mini, iPad 4, or wait for a better iPad 5/iPad mini 2?

jtrlnd

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Finland
I personally would wait for the next generation of iPad Mini, I have an iPad 4th gen. and I really like it, but compared to the iPad mini it is HUGE and weighs like a big stone. The only reason why I'm not changing it for a Mini is because the Mini doesn't have a retina display and only the A5 chip in it. But as soon as the new iPad mini (hopefully with retina and better processor) comes out I'm going to trade my big iPad for that!

If I were you I'd consider three things;
1. Buy the 4th gen. iPad
2. Buy the 4th gen. iPad and when the next iPad Mini comes out, sell the big one and buy the Mini
3. Wait for the next iPad Mini, after all, you want an upgrade, not a smaller version of your current iPad

I myself wanted to buy the Mini at fist but because of the specs I went for the big one.

I hope my answear was helpful, if not, please tell me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.