Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The acronym FAANG, which stood for the huge tech companies Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google, is obsolete. Actually, it was already obsolete when Google put itself under the Alphabet umbrella name. Now that Facebook has done the same with Meta, Microsoft has passed Apple in market value, and Tesla has risen to rival those companies in value, we definitely need a new acronym.

We now have Meta, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Alphabet, and Tesla, which means there are many possible combinations. I count 120 unique orderings. (It's not 6 factorial = 720 because of the duplicate letter A's.)

Here are some of the more pronounceable versions. Which do you prefer?

MANATA, MATANA
NATAMA, NAMATA
TAMANA, TANAMA

AMANAT, AMANTA
AMATAN, AMATNA

ANATAM, ANATMA
ANAMAT, ANAMTA

ATAMAN, ATAMNA
ATANAM, ATANMA
Personally, I like MAAANT.

• Haha
Reactions: veena3 and Clix Pix

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Several of these are existing company names. I like Natama, and found this on names.org because there's no meaning (yet known) for that name:

N is for nifty, how neat!
A is for animated, let your energetic spirit shine
T is for time, you give to friends.
A is for admirers, and all that you have!
M is for munificent, for you are extremely liberal in giving.
A is for assertive, a great leader

And yes, I'm snark-snorting as I read those too.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
John Goodman starred in a 1993 movie named Matinee about a movie theatre in the 1960s showing a 1950s-style fear-or-radiation horror movie named MANT. Perhaps MAAANT will have similarly scary connotations!

Matinee.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.