What size box does the previous gen MBP ship in (from Amazon)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ap401, Oct 26, 2008.

1. ap401 macrumors newbie

I'm about to purchase the "old" MBP from Amazon, but am debating on where to have it shipped. I can have it sent to my office or my home. I'd prefer having it shipped to the office, but I use public transit and don't want to carry around the MBP in its clearly labeled packaging (which I'd have to do if Amazon ships in a plain box that's too large to lug around). On the other hand, I don't want to risk the MBP being left at my door...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

3. ap401 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. :) However, I am actually wondering what size the Amazon shipping box is. Sometimes they seem to ship items in boxes larger than necessary (case in point: I once ordered a book & a board game, and the box Amazon shipped them in was at least 2.5' long, filled with air cushions.) :rolleyes:

4. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Oops sorry read the post wrong.

I work in a computer lab, and when I order stuff from Amazon (Monitors, etc), they come in 3 boxes, the original box, inside a plain cardboard box, inside an Amazon-branded box. :rolleyes:

Your MBPs shipping box will probably be much larger than necessary :)

5. johnsy macrumors 6502

Size iz almost 4 times bigger than a mbp box itself. Mbp actually comes in 3 boxes- original apple box is inside 2 other boxes- one is from china, with all stickers about system and it is a little bigger than original box. Now this box is inside even bigger box which has some folded paper. I put my boxes away, so I will post it later the number and letter. But all I can say is that this package will be too big for public transportation unless you will take out it from shipping box and take that home. This box is brown and pretty innocent looking unless you will flash apple stickers everywhere. Other option would be to take out apple box and put inside a some bag you bought in advance. Sorry if it sound confusing.... :p

6. johnsy macrumors 6502

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    here box number 2 , one inside main shipping box.