Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdfTT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
I'm considering a Macbook but I'm unsure what size HD I should get. I plan to install XP, Adobe CS3, Word, 20gb of music, maybe a few episodes/movies (not many), and some other random applications. There will be no games except for maybe very basic stuff like Starcraft. Should I get the mid Macbook or spring for the Blackbook? Thanks =]

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
I'm considering a Macbook but I'm unsure what size HD I should get. I plan to install XP, Adobe CS3, Word, 20gb of music, maybe a few episodes/movies (not many), and some other random applications. There will be no games except for maybe very basic stuff like Starcraft. Should I get the mid Macbook or spring for the Blackbook? Thanks =]

I'd suggest you get the largest HD that Apple can offer for the Macbook. It WILL fill up over time, so the larger the better.

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
I'd suggest you get the largest HD that Apple can offer for the Macbook. It WILL fill up over time, so the larger the better.

Except that upgrading the HDD yourself is ridiculously easy.

Get whatever MacBook you need (basically, do you want the Super Drive and/or Blackbook?) and worry about the HDD later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.