What Skin is the best for the Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rmul86, Jul 9, 2010.

1. rmul86 macrumors 6502

After much research (a.k.a googling), I have stumbled upon many different protective skins and films:

SKINS

-Body Guardz
    -Phantom Skinz
    -Zagg Invisible Shield
    -Ghost Armor
    -Wrapsol Ultra
    -Clear Coat
    -SGP Ultra Coat

FILMS

-Power Support
    -Case Mate Clear Armor
    -Box Wave

Questions to All:

1. Which of the mentioned skins/films have the least "orange peel" effect?
    2. Which of the mentioned skins/films have the most "glass like" texture?
    3. In your opinion, which skin/film or combination is the best set up for the iphone 4?

Right now I am contemplating between Power Support and SGP Ultra Coat. I've experience Power Support in the past and have loved the fact it feels like nothing is even on the iphone. I also heard SGP was similar if not better. But I really don't know, I'm really indecisive :eek:.

2. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Zagg sucks (well i think so)

the front screen protector on it, ruins the Retina display and ive found if using a bumper and some other cases, the sides start to lift which is annoying!

i went with the SGP Steinheil EX Protection Film iPhone 4 Ultra Crystal after great reviews, havent tried it for myself yet, but its compatible with the bumper so thats all i care about :cool:

3. lordking65 macrumors regular

NOT WRAPSOL ULTRA

Wrapsol Original is much better

4. DJBenE macrumors member

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Skin for metal band sides and back - BSE - Bestskinsever.com Price wise, quality, and application.

However, I do not recommend a skin for the touchscreen, regardless of orange peel or not. If you need front protection, which I don't think is necessary, PowerSupport or other "Film" for the front.

6. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

Just get a screen protector from ebay you cant go wrong with .99 tag price, it's constantly scratches and you dont want to deal with process applying invisible shield. Static films takes 3 sec to apply and it's stays in place same way if not better.