What smartphone OS do you own?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple..., Jul 20, 2010.

?

What smartphone OS do you own?

1. Apple iOS

61 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. Google Android

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. HP/ Palm WebOS

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Microsoft Windows Mobile/ Phone 7

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. RIM BlackBerry

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Nokia Symbian

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

2. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I Use iOS 4.0 because everything just flows together for me. I use WebOS and Android. I was given an nexus one for a gift and i've maybe used it twice since i've had it. It's pretty much collecting dust at this point.

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Is this poll even necessary? It's kind of on an Apple forum in the iPhone sub-forum... what do you really expect?

I'd be very surprised if less than 90% of the people check iOS.

4. timerollson macrumors 65816

iOS4... everything just works seamlessly.

I made the switch from Blackberry OS5. Just a few gripes I had with that:

-SLOW. There was no use in putting apps on my BB because they would a. take forever to load, b. not load at all and/or c. run incredibly slowly. There's literally no fun factor to this phone. It's utilitarian in its approach and its use. I shouldn't have to pay $100+ a month for a phone that I don't even enjoy using.

-Reboot time. It would take on average 10 minutes for the phone to start up when I had to do a battery pull because the phone would decide to freeze. Battery pulls seemed to be a constant in the last couple of months I owned it and I'm not sure why since I didn't have any applications or excess languages on it.

-Browser experience. Wow. You know a browser is bad when Google search takes more than 2 minutes to load. I would actually wait until I was around my desktop if I had to search something. The browser on OS 5 is failure. I see that OS 6 has marked improvements but ehh, too late for RIM.

-Truncated e-mail messages! This was annoying since my job sends around large .pdfs and excel spreadsheets. What's the point of advertising your e-mail services if you can't actually view the e-mail? Yes. They would arrive pretty quickly but it's useless if I have to wait to open them at a computer. I use exchange for my work email address and have noticed that the arrival time on my iPhone is pretty damn comparable to my BB.

-BBM is annoying. I actually much prefer my messages not be seen as read or delivered. That's a personal issue and I'm sure everyone who uses BBM loves it but people seem to have this urgency when a D turns to an R.

-The OS is filled with menus behind menus on top of menus beside menus near menus just to get to things. I'm not sure how RIM is going to handle this in OS 6 but it shouldn't take me 3-4 menus to get to a simple setting in OS 5.

5. bobab8ey macrumors member

Great poll, considering this is primarily an Apple website...how many different responses other then IOS were you expecting?

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    If it were set up to let people choose more than one, it would make sense.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use iOS 4. The app store is great and it integrates perfectly with my iMac and MBP.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Wrong place for this poll to have any meaning at all. :confused:

9. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Well technically, I don't think the license agreement for any of the operating systems would allow us to "own" the said OS. Almost all software is licensed to the end user. :rolleyes: :p

10. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Seriously? Why don't you take a poll of how many users here have ever used the Internet? It's just about as useful.

11. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

So you create these threads/polls to try to get a long thread even though you aren't really seeking any answer? In your other poll, you state:

13. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I seek for people's opinion/ views. I like to know why they chose a particular platform, etc., so yes, I'm seeking for an answer, but it's really spread out in terms of specifics. ;)