What social networking/IM app(s) do you use and why?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hungx, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Which social network/instant messaging app do you use?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2014.
  1. Facebook

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Twitter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Snapchat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Instagram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pinterest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

I would like to hear other people's opinions regarding this issue as I am working on an app of my own. Are there any features that you find lacking in current offerings? I would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to answer my questions. Many thanks!

2. soy macrumors member

soy

Dude, you joined today and all your posts so far mention this app that no one will use (according to the latest blog post on your website you have 46 users).

Seriously, just say you're the developer of it and people won't be so annoyed by you. People come here to promote their apps all the time, but at least they come right out and say it.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Advertisers aren't going to pay them anything. It's a 100% failure rate because people will just take the digital currency, maybe visit the website, but it won't convert to anything.

And spamming it on a message board just indicates that deep down inside, you know that your Facebook friends wouldn't care for something like this either. Which is not cool at all because it is firstmost a communication tool.

Lots and lots and lots of startups get seed funding, awards, and then just drop out of the picture. Lots of these guys have these interesting roadmaps to sustainability that never pan out. This is my first time hearing of them, and they've been around since February, so five months. Almost half a year there.