What Software for a Photo Album - Not a Slideshow!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GovtLawyer, Jun 21, 2009.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I used to have a software program on my PC called Flip Album. You could make very nice photo albums, with flippable pages, themes, text insertion, etc. It was like having a hardcovered photo album, but digital. The beauty of it was that you could share the album on CDs, with cross platforming to PCs and Macs. I wouldn't be asking the following question if Flip Album came for my Mac. Apparently, the Mac version does not work on OSX 10.5.

I have Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop Elements, iPhoto, iMovie, and iDVD. Unless I'm missing something, none of them can make a photo album like the one I want. Unless, I wish to export one for hard printing. Since I want to make a family history album and share it with my family, it would be too expensive to make printed copies.

It seems that all of my programs can make very nice Slideshows; however, I'm not looking for the slideshow experience. I'd rather the photos be on separate pages, with text and an appropriate themed background.

Any suggestions on a program which would produce what I want?

Thanks - Steven

2. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

You May be able to do what you want by using iPhoto to make a "Book". There are several nice Themes and Layouts that will let you arrange photos and add text different ways. Once you have the book designed go to the Share menu and click on "Send to iDVD". In iDVD you can refine it and add Music to the background if you want.

3. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

That's Worth A Look

I know iPhoto had some nice Book themes, and thinking the only choice was to send it to Apple for printing, it wasn't much of a choice. The only drawback, and if all else fails it would only be a minor one, is that it would initially look more like a traditional DVD than a photo album. I assume that once its opened, it would behave like a book.

I'll try a test run at it.

Thanks