What Software Is The Touch/Phone Running When It Is Brand new?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by minibike100, Feb 17, 2009.

1. minibike100 macrumors newbie

minibike100

What Software Is The Touch/Phone Running When It Is Brand new?

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

What are you asking about? The firmware version? If so, my experience has been that they are running the most current version available when they are delivered, at least soon after any update is released.

If you are asking for the names of all the applications that come with the phone when it is new, the apple.com site will be the place to look for that. Here is a suitable link.

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

4. minibike100 thread starter macrumors newbie

minibike100

thanks guys that links was a great help although it didn't have that much to do with the programming part of it. i have a report for school on the programming part of it and thought that you ppl would be the most helpful. any other helps would be greatly appreciated.

5. minibike100 thread starter macrumors newbie

minibike100

also how does the touch screen thing work. cuz as best as i can figger out the screen has a electricity field on top of it and when it is broken by your finger the iPod knows that is where your finger is. am i right or way off track

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Yes, from what you have said, you are correct. This article should help as well as this one and this link may also be helpful.

David

7. minibike100 thread starter macrumors newbie

minibike100

thanks man!!!! that third link is pretty sweet:). where do u find all this stuff?

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I found all that stuff from the third link!:cool:

****** is pretty popular around here. You pick up a few tricks after a while here.

David

9. minibike100 thread starter macrumors newbie

minibike100

wow i have a touch and never knew of all this tricks like screen shots etc.

10. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Yeah, once you get really into it, it can become very interesting, in a my (I'm a geek) opinion.:p If you really want to see some cool stuff. Read up a little jailbreaking. If you decide to go ahead with it then read about making you own themes here. I would consider that part of the programming part of an iPod Touch and should really WOW the audience of your class.:D

David

11. minibike100 thread starter macrumors newbie

minibike100

yea mine was jailbroken and i was just have problems so i rejailed it and miss alot of things like the Legend Of Zelda on what looked like a Game Boy Color