What Sound System would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ahavriluk, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ahavriluk macrumors member

Could you recommend 2.1 sound system for Mac Pro? Budget is <$100.

Thank you,
    Alex.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

What would you be using this for?

If you are looking for quality you'll need to spend a little bit more. really if you have a Mac Pro you must be using it for something like maybe video or audio work.

Rather than a 2.1 system maybe just get some medium size studio monitors from a "value brand". Maybe a pair of 5" Samson like. I've seen their "robicon5" sell for $199 for b-stock. That is the price point what quality is better then just sqawks and beeps used in video games

3. ahavriluk thread starter macrumors member

I use Mac Pro for photography. I need speakers to run some image slide shows for clients. No pro audio stuff, but I want clients to hear nice sound.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

something from Swans audio. or a set from Altec Lansing. Harmon kardon is good too. shop around. you can def get them for lower than list price.

5. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I have heard good things about Harman Kardon Soundsticks. I like Bose and Altec Lansing 2.1 systems.

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

OK, you are not making anything with sound in ti, just non-crital playback. So, yes, yu can get away with something cheap. The brands other have said are good, Harmon, Alltec Lansing,... ButYou don't need a 2.1 system they are not the best for music. OK for games and action movie sound tracks. They lack the critical midrange. Go for the largest staero pair you can afford from one of those brands