What soundsystem for good and powerful sound

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sjz88, Aug 8, 2013.

1. sjz88 macrumors member

Having the new iMac since release I've been wondering for quite a time now what 2.1 Soundsystem I should buy for it. All we got is 3.5mm and USB Audio output. I would like to buy a pretty powerful 2.1 System with at least 35W for the satellites and 100W subwoofer but I'm not sure if it makes any sense in regard to the iMacs onboard sound-card.

I'm thinking about systems like the following two (description is in German I know but I want to show you generally what I mean):

Link 1

Link 2

Will the iMacs output be good enough to make nice and powerful sound with those systems or is it gonna sound awful?

Can you recommend me a good system? Costs she be between 200 - 350 €/$

Thanks!

2. Bear macrumors G3

The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is a very good speaker system.

3. sjh004 macrumors newbie

I am quite happy with my Logitech z623 speakers with my iMac

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAHYTG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I've got the smaller Audioengine speakers (A2) at work and I'm very happy with them, even without a sub. I'm sure the A5+ are even better.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I use my old and unused Yamaha receiver RX-V659 connected to Wharfedale Evo 10.

Then the iMac going to the receiver through mini TOSLINK.

Not exactly a computer speaker system since the receiver used to be on my home theater, but sounds awesome for relatively little $$ to spend compared to "multimedia speakers" in general. No subwoofer needed and I can expand my system to 5.1 or 7.1 easily.