Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Does anyone know about the insanelyi repository and iphonecake and iphonemodding and hackulo?

Are these safe to use as the ones that are there?

Just asking cause i have them on my iPhone in cydia tho, but are they safe to use, what are the backdraw here to use those i mentioned above?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Most of those repos are for stolen and hacked software and apps.

If the people who post and host those repos don't care about ripping and staling from developers, do you think they care about keeping the repo clean, or for the security or stability of your phone?

honest question, just wondering what you think...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Does anyone know about the insanelyi repository and iphonecake and iphonemodding and hackulo?

Are these safe to use as the ones that are there?

Just asking cause i have them on my iPhone in cydia tho, but are they safe to use, what are the backdraw here to use those i mentioned above?

the ones that come preinstalled are safe

like poster above me said if they are for stolen or pirated software its up to you, im not one to say dont steal software but i also dont cry that a torrent had a virus

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Just asking, nothing more. Was surfing some sites and came across those, so i was only wondering. Thanks, i'll stick to those who came with Cydia..

JunkyDog

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Since those repo's deal with piracy the topic is forbidden. So your on your own there mate.by the way most stuff stolen. Of there cost less themselves pop or coffee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.