What speaker you are using?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Monster Sana, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Monster Sana macrumors newbie

You are using a wired speaker or wireless speaker?
    If you are using a wired speaker, would you consider to upgrade to wireless?
    What's yr budget?
    What's yr requirements?

2. lwood1 macrumors 6502

You are using a wired speaker or wireless speaker?
    Wired, Bose

If you are using a wired speaker, would you consider to upgrade to wireless?
    No

What's yr budget?
    What's a budget?

What's yr requirements?
    Quality sound and good looks

3. nabwong macrumors regular

Totem Arro. Most times I use the iphone via airport for convenience. Otherwise use CD player.

4. bdrake47 macrumors regular

Bose Sounddock, wired & wireless (via ATV).

Very happy with it, not upgrading anytime soon.

5. QuarterSwede, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Depends on where I'm listening but they're all wired except for the Tivoli setup. AirPlay is nicely convenient and sounds much better than BT audio in a quiet environment (you'd never hear the difference between BT and wired in a moving car). The only other wireless that I use is BT audio for podcasts and is a Plantronics Voyager Legend. It's amazing.

Headphones: EarPods or Sony MDR-7506

Master Bedroom: AirPlay > Airport Express > Tivoli Model Two Stereo

Home Theater: AppleTV (iTunes Match) > Onkyo 7.1 receiver > Front (LCR): Onkyo large bookshelf speakers, Surround: small bookshelf speakers (amazing for the price)

Car: Aux > Pioneer DEH-4900ib > Front: 6.5" Kenwood Excelon + dash component tweeters, Rear: 6.5" Kenwood Excelon routed as subs
    - Future plans: upgrade to BT head unit for convenience and safety.

Garage: Aux > Boston Acoustics 2.1 Digital BA790

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've had two Bose SoundDocks. One was a portable variety and the one I have now is the Bose Bluetooth SoundDock. They were $399, and $299 respectively.

After having a wired and now, a wireless, I prefer the wireless/BT. I can still at least use my phone with it connected and not have to leave it there at the dock. Though, it doesn't charge but that doesn't matter. Also, both are battery-powered which is essential since I frequently take it out and about.

7. JoeG4, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

I just replaced my old klipsch gmx 5.1 setup with a set of HK Soundsticks, but I didn't feel the bluetooth version were worth the extra $60. That said, I had to order them directly from HK since I couldn't find anyone that actually sells them in store anymore.

It was totally worth it though, the soundsticks are small and still sound decent enough for my desk setup. The Klipschs consumed my desk, and admittedly this time around I wanted an aesthetically pleasing set. I didn't mind the small sacrifice in sound quality in the least!

The white audioengine speakers I see around here from time to time look awesome, but they were somewhat - and later way out of my budget, and at the end of the day I think I'd still take the soundsticks over the a2s since it's probably not going to be night and day at that size, and the soundsticks still look cooler.

8. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

Mine are wired

I do have Logitech z5500's and i have connected them using the toslink cable. Along with using a product called Boom to enhance the sounds.

Movies / music sound incredible with these speakers. Can't confirm for Games as i don't play them.

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

iPod hifi. So wired. I'd like to upgrade to something with airplay though. I'll probably just buy an airport express.