What speakers should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Harmush, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should buy and what i should not buy...

Am looking at getting some speakers, such as JBL Creature II or Sound Sticks. Around that price anyway. the Sound quality is the most important factor for me, am not too bothered about the looks.

any ideas?

thanks people

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

the soundsticks are awesome. they sound a bit tiny, but definitely a great choice. i owned them for a couple of months...gave them to my dad.

But my recommendation would be the klipsch promedia 2.1. Great sounding speakers, if you can find them

3. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

hmmmm. i don'y know if they would be any good for me then. i want like a big sound, loads of bass. nothing too tiny i don't reckon.
    i will have a search for them other speakers now, thanks mate.

4. gothamm macrumors 6502a

...then the promedia's are EXACTLY what you are looking for.

5. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

I have to second gothamm's recommendation for the Promedia 2.1's. I had them for over 2 years and LOVED the richness of the sound (and the bass can get real powerful if you so desire).

I have since had to move on to the Creature II's, and while they are good at low volumes, they are no comparison to the Klipsch Promedias.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Go for a pair of Bose Companion 3. It retails for $250 and has excellent sound quality, 2.1 channels.

7. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

thanks alot. i have found the promedia ones and i will read about them first and then i will let u know what i get. hoping to decide before i got to bed. midnight here (england)

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm...use the search feature & don't buy the Bose.

Seriously people, you need to use this, it's getting absurd, once a week we don't need to answer the same question.

9. redmeister macrumors 6502

any opinions on the logitech 5.1 or 7.1 whatever surround with the solid subwoofer. heard good things about those and sounds like itd give ya the bass youre wanting