what speakers should i buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by strausd, Aug 22, 2009.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

hey, im looking into some new surround sound speakers and i cant decide whether or not i should get the logitech G51s or the Z-5500s. anyone have any suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Get a pair of good headphones instead. Speakers never turn out the way people want them to.

3. gothamm macrumors 6502a

how irrelevant.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I have the Z-5500 and wouldnt go anywhere else.

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

i do already have some great headphones, they are AKGs and i love them. but i do need speakers. another question i have is which of the two have better bass?

6. jaredwaynef macrumors member

Solely from reading up a little about each product, the Z-5500 seems like the much better choice. Firstly, they are THX certified which, even though it may seem like a marketing scheme, is something really hard for any speaker set to receive that's not largely priced. The bass on the Z-5500 seems like it should be able to punch a lot harder than the G51's bass solely based on the system specs provided by Logitech. I do recall listening to the G51's at a local store recently and finding myself unimpressed by their sound. I personally use the Z-2300 2.1 speakers and couldn't be happier with them (they are one of the few Logitech THX certified speakers). So yea, my vote goes to the Z-5500's for sure.

7. Internetbound macrumors newbie

JBL Spot speakers. Those are the ones I have for my Macbook. They're pretty good in my opinion.

8. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

im really leaning towards the z-5500s but i just gotta save a bit more