What Sport Model Are You Getting/Preorder?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macAllen, Apr 8, 2015.

?

What color did you get/preorder for the Sport Model?

1. Silver

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Space Grey

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

For those of us that are getting the sport model, what color are you guys getting/preordered?

I was thinking the space grey, I feel like the silver is to macbook like... Don't get me wrong, but I feel like it looks cheaper, at least the space grey will look sleeker.

However, I have my doubts on the exact color of the space grey cause based on mixyourwatch.com not that many bands match with the space grey...

So whats your guys opinion on this and why did you choose to pick the color you did?

2. Caliber26, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I've changed my mind so many times. My initial reaction was to go for the Space Grey aluminum watch because of the color and price. Then I spent a few of weeks justifying the $200 jump to the SS model and that's what I thought I'd be getting for sure up until the reviews today.

The reviews haven't discouraged me from getting an Watch but they have made me reconsider dropping $600+ this time around. I'll probably feel more enticed to spend that kind of money once this watch proves to be a must-have gadget for me and once the design and features justify it a little more than they do now. Apple's obsession with thinness makes it safe to assume that we will be seeing a thinner version sooner rather than later.

So, now that I'm back to the Sport category, I think I'm going to go with the silver. I love the sleek appearance of the grey watch & black band but I think it'll feel somewhat limited after a while. I prefer the versality of the silver and how good it looks with the white and blue Sports bands as well as all of the leather loop options.

3. macAllen thread starter macrumors 6502

macAllen

This is what I'm scared of... I i get the Space Grey, it might be limiting. Ugh I want to preorder but I don't want the hassle of charging my card then going to try it one only to change my mind. Cause I know that will happen!

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I dunno. Does this look bad? It doesn't really bother me. I'm thinking about getting the SG for me and the regular one with the white band for my wife and mixing those. Really wish I could see them in person before ordering.

Attached Files:

5. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Still haven't decided. I was thinking the silver with white band, and buying the black leather strap. But I'm worried the White and silver will be too feminine.

6. DannyT2011 macrumors member

Final, final choice.

42mm Silver Sport with Green Strap. White or blue straps coming later.

7. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

42 silver. Although the color bands look ok with the space gray, I prefer the overall look of any colored sport band with the silver.