Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pollaxe

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
West of England
I have both and I have to say that I prefer the mStand overall.. I have a Speck case on my MBA and it still fits in the BookArc with it on, though it's a bit of a squeeze.

To be honest, both are fine products.

tootall

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
The "mstand" is a beauty. Although I use my MBP in clam shell mode most of the time, I appreciate the "mstand" for when I need to show things on the computer to people sitting across my desk.

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
There's this too: http://www.xtand.net/xtandproxl.html
Can be set to 2 positions, high (mstand-like) or low. Be aware that changing the height requires you to take it apart and change the leg (included).
Kind of expensive too, however the mstand holding plate is full, this one is a cross: may be better for airflow, I don't know.

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
BookArc - No Problems

I really like the BookArc. Yes, it's overpriced, but it's very well designed and made, and has a solid feel (and, more importantly, weight) to it. Manages wires and saves space on my desk. As for overheating, I haven't noticed any issues. I guess in theory heat rises, and so if the fan is blowing heat out the "back" of the MBA (which would be down in the BookArc), it won't be as efficient or may heat up quicker, but I honestly haven't noticed a thing.

yongren

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2011
I'm using a BookArc with my 11" now. It is nicely designed and has a good weight, as someone already said. I don't think heating is an issue. Though it is not a good choice if you plan on using the MBA screen alongside your other display in a dual-monitor setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.