Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I would like something to add icons to my status bar for when i have email etc. Nothing fancy, nice and simple but retina icons would be nice. Any recommendations?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure Notifier works with IOS4/iP4...just gotta theme or replace the icons with retina compatible versions if wanted.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Notifier works. I replaced the icons with the StatusNotifier icons. Can't wait for one or the other to be updated for 4.0 + retina display.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Tried both. Notified does not work and statusnotifier crashes and I get stuck in save mode until I remove it.

boleat

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Status Notifier Fix

There is a package available on the ModMyi repo called Status Notifier Fix that restored the status bar icons for me. You might want to give it a try.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Notifier doesn't work for me. It installed. I set the parameters but nothing shows up. 3GS 4.0.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
If Status Notifier Fix doesn't work then try installing Notifier and then switching Cydia to developer mode (manage settings) and then search and install libstatusbar and then reboot.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
If Status Notifier Fix doesn't work then try installing Notifier and then switching Cydia to developer mode (manage settings) and then search and install libstatusbar and then reboot.

This.

I've done this on two iPhone 4s and it worked perfectly both times. Now if they'd only update the icons for the Retina Display ... :eek:

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

Thanks for the update, but I refuse to install Winterboard since it's a resource hog, and the fix installs it...

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL

I"ve tried this several times and have yet to get it to work fully. I do get notifications for MMS/SMS and missed calls and voicemails, but the mail notification will not work. And I can't even check to see if it's toggled off or anything because Reminder crashes immediately; I haven't gotten it to open since maybe January-ish or so, when I was using Notifier on my 3GS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting and respringing and basically every permutation of the process. Right now I'm living with it, but it irritates me nevertheless.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Thanks guys, I just noticed this problem on my iPhone. I wasn't sure why my notifications were gone so I popped in here for a quick search. Voilà few clicks later, visit to cydia and I find the patch. All fixed thanks to the info posted on this thread.

markm75

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
I found that if i enabled say the battery percentage indicator and then installed the weathericon temperature display in the status bar.. unless i was in horizontal mode, i couldnt see icons like new mail and missed calls etc.. because there isnt enough room in vertical normal mode.

So i disabled the percentage readout, now its better.. and the status notifier fix icons are working (i tried lockinfo notifications, not sure if they were working by themselves or not).. i'm pretty sure the icons i currently have working come from the status notifier fix installation.

There is an MMS or text icon though, that i cant figure out how to get rid of.. its a big blue icon, as opposed to the new mms/text icon which is a white symbol.. this big blue icon often prevents me from seeing if i have new mms /text messages.. not sure how to get rid of it.. i've tried everything.

Does anyone know which program it originates from or how to turn it off? All i want is the notification of new sms/mms messages (white icon)?

Set845

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I found that if i enabled say the battery percentage indicator and then installed the weathericon temperature display in the status bar.. unless i was in horizontal mode, i couldnt see icons like new mail and missed calls etc.. because there isnt enough room in vertical normal mode.

So i disabled the percentage readout, now its better.. and the status notifier fix icons are working (i tried lockinfo notifications, not sure if they were working by themselves or not).. i'm pretty sure the icons i currently have working come from the status notifier fix installation.

There is an MMS or text icon though, that i cant figure out how to get rid of.. its a big blue icon, as opposed to the new mms/text icon which is a white symbol.. this big blue icon often prevents me from seeing if i have new mms /text messages.. not sure how to get rid of it.. i've tried everything.

Does anyone know which program it originates from or how to turn it off? All i want is the notification of new sms/mms messages (white icon)?

I use BiteSMS, Lockinfo, and Notifier. I'm set up using BiteSMS status bar icon only. In Lockinfo plugins/SMS section I have Status Bar Icon set to off. In Remider under Messages Prefs and MMS Prefs I have Use Statusbar Icon set to off. I think I'm pretty much done with Notifier as Lockinfo has status bar icons and BiteSMS shows the number of messages I have and when I touch the icon it opens up quick reply. Notifier can't do that. I don't know what Lockinfo does with MMS as I haven't enabled it yet. I'm pretty thrilled with the abilities of the BiteSMS icon.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I use BiteSMS, Lockinfo, and Notifier. I'm set up using BiteSMS status bar icon only. In Lockinfo plugins/SMS section I have Status Bar Icon set to off. In Remider under Messages Prefs and MMS Prefs I have Use Statusbar Icon set to off. I think I'm pretty much done with Notifier as Lockinfo has status bar icons and BiteSMS shows the number of messages I have and when I touch the icon it opens up quick reply. Notifier can't do that. I don't know what Lockinfo does with MMS as I haven't enabled it yet. I'm pretty thrilled with the abilities of the BiteSMS icon.
I use similar except for Lockinfo. I'm waiting for someone to revamp Notifed for iOS4/iPhone 4 and keep it free. I don't want to pay $5 just to have statusbar icons.

markm75

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008

I'm happy with iRealSMS, though i dont really use the main program for viewing the messages.. it turns out the blue bubble sms icon was coming from this app.. now that i turned the icon off, within irealsms settings.. its gone.. i simply get the status notifier fix new sms icon when there is a message, not two of them, preventing me from seeing the status notifier one.

So at this point, looks like status notifier fix is doing the job, though i cant get reminders to fire off (say every 5 minutes). Icons stick till u read though.

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010

I use biteSMS the same way, only the message bubble on the status bar and I tap to read/reply to the text.

Is there a program that does that with Mail, Missed Calls, and everything else?

Ideally I would be able to hide my Phone, SMS, and Mail apps, and just use the status bar to see when I have been contacted and touch the icons to reply.

Example tap mail icon on statusbar to open mail app..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.