What status bar notification type app are people using (iPhone 4)?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theautopilot, Aug 11, 2010.

1. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I would like something to add icons to my status bar for when i have email etc. Nothing fancy, nice and simple but retina icons would be nice. Any recommendations?

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

I've yet to see any. I'd just like a silent icon when I turn my ringer off...

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

I'm pretty sure Notifier works with IOS4/iP4...just gotta theme or replace the icons with retina compatible versions if wanted.

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Notifier works. I replaced the icons with the StatusNotifier icons. Can't wait for one or the other to be updated for 4.0 + retina display.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

Notifier didn't work for me when I tried a week-or-so ago.

6. theautopilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Tried both. Notified does not work and statusnotifier crashes and I get stuck in save mode until I remove it.

7. boleat macrumors newbie

Status Notifier Fix

There is a package available on the ModMyi repo called Status Notifier Fix that restored the status bar icons for me. You might want to give it a try.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

Tried that. Didn't work for me.

9. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Notifier doesn't work for me. It installed. I set the parameters but nothing shows up. 3GS 4.0.

10. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

There's an update coming out today for Notified Pro that fixes status bar notifications

11. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

If Status Notifier Fix doesn't work then try installing Notifier and then switching Cydia to developer mode (manage settings) and then search and install libstatusbar and then reboot.

12. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

This.

I've done this on two iPhone 4s and it worked perfectly both times. Now if they'd only update the icons for the Retina Display ... :eek:

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

Thanks for the update, but I refuse to install Winterboard since it's a resource hog, and the fix installs it...

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I"ve tried this several times and have yet to get it to work fully. I do get notifications for MMS/SMS and missed calls and voicemails, but the mail notification will not work. And I can't even check to see if it's toggled off or anything because Reminder crashes immediately; I haven't gotten it to open since maybe January-ish or so, when I was using Notifier on my 3GS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting and respringing and basically every permutation of the process. Right now I'm living with it, but it irritates me nevertheless.

15. mokeiko macrumors 6502

No winterboard for me either, I miss statusnotifier.

mokeiko

16. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Thanks guys, I just noticed this problem on my iPhone. I wasn't sure why my notifications were gone so I popped in here for a quick search. Voilà few clicks later, visit to cydia and I find the patch. All fixed thanks to the info posted on this thread.

17. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 drinks winterboard's milkshake.

18. oglock macrumors member

If winterboard drains the batt what else can you use to install themes?

19. atlbuc macrumors member

I like LockInfo which now has status notifiers and now has support for Retina display.

20. markm75 macrumors member

I found that if i enabled say the battery percentage indicator and then installed the weathericon temperature display in the status bar.. unless i was in horizontal mode, i couldnt see icons like new mail and missed calls etc.. because there isnt enough room in vertical normal mode.

So i disabled the percentage readout, now its better.. and the status notifier fix icons are working (i tried lockinfo notifications, not sure if they were working by themselves or not).. i'm pretty sure the icons i currently have working come from the status notifier fix installation.

There is an MMS or text icon though, that i cant figure out how to get rid of.. its a big blue icon, as opposed to the new mms/text icon which is a white symbol.. this big blue icon often prevents me from seeing if i have new mms /text messages.. not sure how to get rid of it.. i've tried everything.

Does anyone know which program it originates from or how to turn it off? All i want is the notification of new sms/mms messages (white icon)?

21. Set845 macrumors regular

I use BiteSMS, Lockinfo, and Notifier. I'm set up using BiteSMS status bar icon only. In Lockinfo plugins/SMS section I have Status Bar Icon set to off. In Remider under Messages Prefs and MMS Prefs I have Use Statusbar Icon set to off. I think I'm pretty much done with Notifier as Lockinfo has status bar icons and BiteSMS shows the number of messages I have and when I touch the icon it opens up quick reply. Notifier can't do that. I don't know what Lockinfo does with MMS as I haven't enabled it yet. I'm pretty thrilled with the abilities of the BiteSMS icon.

22. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I use similar except for Lockinfo. I'm waiting for someone to revamp Notifed for iOS4/iPhone 4 and keep it free. I don't want to pay $5 just to have statusbar icons.

23. markm75 macrumors member

I'm happy with iRealSMS, though i dont really use the main program for viewing the messages.. it turns out the blue bubble sms icon was coming from this app.. now that i turned the icon off, within irealsms settings.. its gone.. i simply get the status notifier fix new sms icon when there is a message, not two of them, preventing me from seeing the status notifier one.

So at this point, looks like status notifier fix is doing the job, though i cant get reminders to fire off (say every 5 minutes). Icons stick till u read though.

24. tesilential macrumors regular

I use biteSMS the same way, only the message bubble on the status bar and I tap to read/reply to the text.

Is there a program that does that with Mail, Missed Calls, and everything else?

Ideally I would be able to hide my Phone, SMS, and Mail apps, and just use the status bar to see when I have been contacted and touch the icons to reply.

Example tap mail icon on statusbar to open mail app..

25. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No.

I think reminder (Notified) has the option but it doesnt work on iOS4.