What steps do I take when using someone elses upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleKash, Oct 7, 2011.

1. AppleKash macrumors 6502

I know this question seems to come up around this time. I did some research but I am still a little confused. I ordered my iPhone 4S from my mothers account because on her account she has two upgrade eligible #s. So we just purchased two on her account. However once I receive the phone what steps will I have to take to activate it under my own number..(I do have an iPhone 4, only that I was not eligible until November) A little confused.. I would very much appreciate help in this matter. Thanks

2. AppleKash thread starter macrumors 6502

3. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

I'm in the EXACT same boat, I think you'll just swap the microsim in the phone, and activate it on your account.

4. SogeKing macrumors newbie

Since you have an ip4 you could just put your sim card in the ip4S and it will work fine, its your mothers phone that you'll have to do some work

if your mother has a cell phone that uses the mini sim then you could just switch the sims over otherwise you will have to call the carrier and purchase a new sim for your mothers phone and activate it (going into the store would probably be faster since they'll do all the work for you)

5. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Everything I've been told, indicates you need to call ATT or go into a store. They don't care who has what phone as long as they are getting the contracts.