what stops you using the leopard install disc on another mac??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by entwife, Mar 15, 2008.

1. entwife macrumors regular

friend trying to sell me disc. Just wanted to see I'd it would work.
    Cheers

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i'm not sure...i am running tiger on my MB and i would love leopard. my friend offered me the install disks for leopard but i turned him down....
    so i suppose i would feel bad if i didn't get it legally...
    silly me.:rolleyes:

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well the OP wants to "steal" it rather than going out to the shop and buying it, it is certainly morally wrong.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

6. entwife thread starter macrumors regular

well if I actually was planning to steal it I wouldn't be on a forum saying so what I meant ( and should have made more clear by the sounds of it) is that I'm looking to buy leopard some one at work said he has a copy I could have and it would work fine. I expected it not to work due to serial code? Or as he registered it 1st. thanks for replys though.

7. Boemer macrumors newbie

Having Only 1 Mac is what is stopping me in the first place....

:)

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

What are you talking about? The OP explicitly states his friend is selling the disk to him.

As long as his friend removes Leopard from his computer then it is not piracy.

9. entwife thread starter macrumors regular

cheers, that is pretty much what im taking bout, im not looking for a dodgy copy, i just wanted to see if it would work properly seeing as i didnt buy it 1st, although i would own the copy after buying it off my friend (and by copy i mean original leopard cd and box as if bought from store)

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hmm, I see what you mean, I suppose his friend is really at wrong, not him. Hmm...

11. Jelite macrumors 6502a

His friend isnt doing anything wrong either as long as he removes Leopard from his own mac.

12. entwife thread starter macrumors regular

As far as I'm aware he is getting rid of it. He bought a refurbished mac from john lewis (UK store) and its had issues so he said he returned it. But bought leopard for it and now has a copy he can't use. I guess I should have been more clear. I just didn't want to buy it off him if it wouldn't work or would cause problems when registering it etc.

Thanks for all replys chaps