What strange force is keeping me from buying Apple products?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by css1323, Apr 6, 2009.

1. css1323 macrumors regular

I do have a new story to share and it's even more scarier than before (if anyone is still interested in this long, boring story).

It involves me trying to get a new Apple MacBook. This will the be first Apple computer I will ever buy! I finally want to get into it and because I'm an IT guy, I want experience with it.

So, it goes like this. I went with my friend from work to have some lunch at this main store (about 3-4 minutes away). Before eating, we decided to check out the electronics section inside the main store. We shopped and looked around. But, when we came to the laptop and desktop section, I immediately checked out the Macs as I always had done in the past. I've been eying one for some time now. But anyway, I was this close to getting one and I was willing to be late back to work to purchase one! However, again, I was feeling the same dreaded force I had felt back when I was trying to get a Touch.

I decided to follow my instincts and get a Mac later.. or perhaps not get one at all, I don't know. We then ate our lunch and headed back to work.. sort of on time.

When I got back to work, my supervisor and another person were saying "you guys left the store just in time, because there was a shooting". Naturally, I was like "no way". The whole place went on lockdown and everything! If I had just waited a few more minutes, I would have been there, probably trying to get a Mac.. determined to get one like last time while laughing at the sky thinking nothing will stop me.

Just thought I'd share these stories, lol. Perhaps it's something unconscious that is keeping me from buying an overpriced product?

I must say, though, I do plan on getting a MacBook today. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong.

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

What strange force?

Hummm… must be The Other Steve™'s RDF at work… That is some powerful sh*t he's casting over you.
    [​IMG]

3. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

I got edited already? lol, hope I don't get banned for a simple story now.

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

^^^ that's funny.

Well, it seems it was a force for good in this case, but I know how you feel. I have several macs, but need to change my macbook to a mbp and have been watching ebay for a computer in my price range. Every time a computer comes up in my range, I completely bottle out :(. It's so frustrating.

5. Fake Hipster macrumors member

6. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, this is my first official post using a MacBook! Woohoo! This is nice.

7. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Same thing happened a long time ago to my family. We moved to our new house and 2 weeks later there was a shooting on our street :eek:!

This was about 8 years ago

8. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

:eek::eek::eek: OMG! That is some serious bad mojo he's dealing :mad:

Man, I feel all dirty or something. I'd better go take a shower. Or get decontaminated by the local HAZMAT team :(