What stress testing software can I use?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by peapody, Jul 21, 2008.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Hi guys,

I just got a used macbook pro and would like to perform some tests on it to make sure everything is in tip top shape. I have been searching and searching around the forums, but I couldn't really get a straight forward answer on what is a good stress testing software to use for my newly acquired Macbook pro. I can't seem to get tech tools because I am not under the Apple Care Plan. Are there any out there you reccommed? I am looking for an all around test, but also something that tests the GPU.

Any advice is much appreciated!

2. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

oh my. Its about that Nvidia problem floating around isn't it? Why would you want to stress your machine to no end? If its about the Nvidia problem, don't worry.

No APPLECARE!?!?!?!?! You might want that, specially with a MBP, mine isnt 3 weeks old, and it's been repaired twice.

Either than my advice, I know of no software. Your best bet is to open every program and game imagineable, and let the processor and GPU idle at 100% for an hour. That might fook your machine over.

3. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Um maybe I should have been more clear...no Apple Protection Plan. But my computer is still under the Apple Care 1 year plan (It ends in March 2009 - before which I will buy the protection plan). And if you check my sig, its the 2.16ghz MBP = ATi graphics, not NVIDIA.

4. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

haha my bad.

But like I said before, the only sure proof way is to open every program imaginable.