Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
What type of headphones would you buy if you are going to be active, laying on a bus, possibly falling asleep with them, moving your head etc. I need new headphones and i dont like the ones that come with the ipod, so i want to know which style is the best=. Behind the ear, over the ear, in the ear?

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I find that the stock iPod phones work best for sleeping, as there's really nothing to get damaged on them.

My Bose TriPort are really nice too, but they are expensive and sorta bulky to carry around (they are comfortable though when on your head).

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i like in ear headphones myself, they are great because they insulate the noise and have a great sound to them, well most of them do at least. and they are the most comfortable for me.

mersea

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2005
If you don't like in-ear (like me), I'd reccommend the behind the ear kind. I personally use over the ear, but they tend to be easily knocked off (unless they're those huge ear-muffler kind.. but then they're bulky). The behind the ear ones are nice because they kinda clip on and don't fall off easily.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I've always wanted a pair of in-ear 'phones, but have yet to try them. Having used what I have, I really like the iPod default style ones. They stay in well enough and are the least obtrusive. I've had headphones that cover the whole ear (and get hot and itchy), some headphones that wrap around the back of the head (and pinch my ears to the point of pain), regular "classic" headphones (which don't want to stay on), and, I'm sure, more. The earbuds just seem to work the best for all kinds of different things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.