What T-Mobile plan is needed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GFLPraxis, Dec 28, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm considering an iPhone purchase. I am currently on T-Mobile and would have to hack the iPhone to work on that network; I have the technical know-how to do so.

Here's my question. We've currently got a T-Mobile family plan, and as far as I am aware we don't have data (none of our phones have a usable web browser other than T-Zones). What do I need to ask T-Mobile to add to our plan? Is it the BlackBerry Unlimited Data package, or something else?

2. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

I believe t-zones or blackberry data plan is all that is necessary.

I believe tmobile has a blackberry plan that includes hotspot access as well which would work well with your iphone.

I encourage you to call them and confirm. They have the best CS reps in the business.

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Can I actually tell them I plan to hack an iPhone, or should I just not mention exactly which phone I'm buying? :D

4. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

I changed my plan yesterday and they are well aware that i swap between an iphone and curve. I have disclosed that to them repeatedly. They sometimes ask me questions about it. :)

FYI: They can't do anything about what phone you use. Even ATT couldnt stop you. Theyre a carrier and really only concerned with providing you service. They're limited as to what they can legally do to you. No need to fear