What tech products/appliances have you been totally satisfied with?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by coupdetat, Jul 28, 2008.

1. coupdetat macrumors 6502

I was just gazing lovingly at my Powerbook G4 yesterday when I thought of this: The reason I am so attached to the PB is because it is one of the VERY few products I have ever been completely satisfied with.

I think a lot of Apple's reputation comes from this total customer satisfaction, as opposed to many other products (not just computer) where you need to deal with drawbacks, quirks, etc. With most products you feel the need to upgrade after recognizing its flaws, but the Powerbook has exceeded at every task I give it.

So, what tech products (other than Macs) have you bought that you've been totally satisfied with?

For me, my Shure E500 earphones have been worth every penny I paid for them and more. I have heard some horror stories about the cord disintegrating, but I've owned them for about a year now and could not be more pleased.

Also, my Tivoli Audio Model One table radio. Although, Tivoli lately has been kind of awful with their poorly styled and overpriced products. I think the Model One is the only model worth buying, and luckily I got it before they hiked the price.

I think, for me, being perfect at a small subset of functions are what appeals to me and ultimately is the most satisfying product. For example, my Powerbook is an ultra-portable work computer that I use to write papers and do research on. The Shures are just earphones, and the Model One has no roles other than to be an AM/FM radio and occasionally a boombox.

2. voxnj macrumors regular

Totally satisfied with:

MAC PRO
    Apple TV
    Iphone 3G
    Ultimate Ear Pro earphones
    Roku (Netflix set top box)
    Balanced Audio Amp
    Levinson CD Deck

(After being peecee for 30+ years)

3. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

Totally satisfied with:

dual cpu G5 systems, not the dual core liquid cooled crap...

mini, both g4 and intel.

last rev(s) ibook g4 models that don't die.

ipod touch.

a huge amount of pc part stuff that nobody cares about... but mostly STT ram.

Capresso coffee maker.

dish PVR721 linux based DVR which allows me to 'DVR' for free. sweet!

i'm sure there are others, but the kids just woke up. damn the short nap days. :mad:

EDIT: original PS3 60gb system. ps3/ps2/folding. totally excellent system.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Nintendo DS Lite
    NES
    Super NES
    Linksys WRT54GL
    My DVD/VHS deck
    The Wheel
    Fire

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

This macbook, my airport express, brother HL-2140 printer. None have give me a lick of trouble. *Hurriedly knocks on wood*

6. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Gah!

My Shure E2c cable failed after about a month. Any info on repair? (I'm out of warranty actually)

7. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Powerbook G4, yeah. Low maintenance and the tiny footprint rules.

My other tech tools that I'm totally happy with have been these:

iPod touch, 32Gb, it is my constant companion now. A HOME RUN.

2nd gen nano, for style and "shuffle with a screen" portability. Indestructible with an iSkin duo case on it.

MacBook Air, perfect (save for lacking that 12" G4 footprint). The SSD and the weight are my joys.

Pfaff sewing machines, pick one, mine are trouble-free for years on end.

Canon SD10 tiny camera, easy to use and the batt charger adapter is nice, prongs fold in.

Plum colored LG CU515 cellphone on a second line of my ATT contract. Nice little phone.

Samsung Juke for cuteness, smallness, call clarity, the glowing red color, hanging onto dicey signals and yeah you CAN drag mp3s onto it from a Mac, just reformat the internal drive space as HFS+.

Panasonic RXFT530 boombox with dual tape cassette bays, aux line in, great AM/FM radio, decent and clear speakers, sturdy simple controls. What's being made now in the way of boomboxes or simple shelf audio does not compare to this great box. Which is why it's discontinued?!

Makita circular saw from the late 80s. Great piece of machinery.

Braun coffeebean grinder.

Don't laugh. A couple of K&E slide rules, precise little works of art, as were all the K&E rules back to the 1860s.

Don't laugh. Singer Featherweight portable sewing machine from 1938. No it is not for sale, gets used all the time.

8. coupdetat thread starter macrumors 6502

I dunno man, best to just get something new, at least the E2's aren't too expensive. I bought my E500's on eBay before I knew that Shure doesn't honor warranties on eBay purchases. If my cord breaks, I will NOT be a happy camper! So far, mine is okay (knock on wood), but I've heard that body chemistry has a lot to do with whether the cords break or not--meaning, if your cord craps out early early, replacement 'phones will also break. But if they are fine, they are likely to remain fine.

9. djellison macrumors 68020

Macbook...hmm

Nope - keys that stopped working and plastic trim that came off.

Macbook Pro...hmm

Nope - too hot, hard HDD replacement,battery life not great

On both - OSX

Nope - just not as stable and seamless as people pretend.

iPod Touch..hmm

Nope - too slow to move stuff on to it, and 2.0 is clunky and unstable

Wii..hmmm

Nope - wireless issues aplenty

Lumix TZ5

Nope - crap auto-focus, especially when filming.

Every wireless router I've ever owned

Crap

I've got two matching pairs of senheisser headphones, but the leads are too short.

Our washing machine is quite cool. You can say 'finish this at 7am" and it'll start in the middle of the night so the electricity is cheap, but the washing isn't sat in it for hours.

Oh dear. The best technology I own is a washing machine.

Doug

10. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Usually the tech products that I am usually not happy with are peripheral devices not larger tech products. Only one I can think of was the xbox 360, which I didn't mind, just like playstations more.

-Sony 36" LCD HDTV- $205....for that price, anything can happen to it and I wouldn't be mad because I paid a ridiculous low price for it.

-Samsung 42" DLP- $190...same thing as the sony, bought it new for $190

-iPods, iPhone- work great

-Sony Headphones- best headphones ive ever used...sound great

-Alpine CD player. Bought it 9 years ago and it still works and it works better with my iPod than radios in my friend's brand new car.

-Dell monitors...I think they are just as good as Apple's for less cost.

I can't think of anything else at this point.

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I've been thinking about this, and honestly, those (along with my cast iron skillet and dutch oven) are about the only tech from any era that I've been totally happy with. Everything else I've had or have some issue with in some way.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Denon AVR3200, yes it is old, but man I have used, abused and loved every minute I have had it.

My Mac Pro. One of the best purchase to date. Love it, and I can't see going back.........

Escient Fireball SE-80. Worked right out of the box.

14. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Apple 15" PB G4 1.33
    Samsung LN40A550 LCD TV
    Nintendo DS Lite
    Apple Airport Express
    Fiskar Lefthanded Scissors
    Evoluent Vertical Mouse 2 - [okay, it's kinda fugly, but it has completely eliminated all symptoms of RSI]

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My first Nintendo (NES) gave me more fun than anything else ever could.