What tempts you to JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mazz0, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mazz0 macrumors 65816

mazz0

So, just wondering what tempts people to jailbreak these days? I jailbroke (jailbreaked) my old 3G way back when, but after a few weeks I went back to the standard OS because the JB seemed to slow it down.

I was going to JB my mark 4 to get tethering working for free (cos I'll be damned if I'm paying an additional fee to use data I'm already paying for on my iPad) but now O2 in the UK have changed their tariffs to include tethering so I don't need to.

So, aside from the obvious ability to steal apps, what are the main attractions of JBing, and does it still slow down your phone or introduce any other bugs (signal strength indicator being one example I just read of)?

2. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Jailbreaking has not affected my iPhone one bit. It is just as fast as non-jailbroken.

Being able to compose and send a text from any screen, tethering, sbsettings to quickly turn on and off pretty much any setting, way better folders, 5 icon dock, infinidock, being able to snap pics with my volume buttons, and activator are just a few of many things that I love about JB. I could never go back to the stock OS.

3. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

Stealing apps had nothing to do with jb'ing for me.

I do it for real multitasking on every app, can't live without it at this point. Also for just goofing around, running emulators and stuff.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

unlimited data plan...personal hotspot! need i say more?

But, if you do want more apps via cydia:

sbsettings
    my3G
    tetherme
    ...etc.

6. mb2696 macrumors newbie

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

def, i use it quite a bit. It's amazing that its a free app!!!

8. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Unlimited data plan on my phone + TetheMe or MyWi = lots of love!! Plus now a necessity to unlock!!

9. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

Awesome, another "Why should i jailbreak thread" This one is clever though! What tempts you to jailbreak... sneaky very sneaky.

10. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

The iPhone being an imperfect device prompted me to jb it.

GREAT phone, don't get me wrong. I've tried Android and find it drastically overrated...

But being able to tweak virtually every little thing I don't like about it to make it better for me is a great thing.

-No 'snooze' option for reminders in stock cal? Remind me later
    -Quick access to turn off BT, wi-fi, 3G? SBSettings
    -Saving a few seconds every text? BiteSMS

I've got about 30 tweaks that all serve a purpose of making this phone faster, more efficient, and more to my liking. I would be heartbroken if I had to go back to stock.