What the caller hears when going to voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LocalMotion, Aug 23, 2009.

1. LocalMotion macrumors newbie

This is weird...

My iphone use to just beep after my greeting. and go straight to leaving a voicemail.

Now after my greeting, that lady comes on and says all the stupid crap about press this for that, etc.. and then finally the beep.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

They found out about your silly greeting. They're trying to show you how to do it right.

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

It's just a voicemail upgrade and has nothing to do with your iPhone. It allows the person leaving the message to change their voicemail if they don't like what they have said or something.

This isn't a problem so I don't know why you're making it in to one

4. LocalMotion thread starter macrumors newbie

sure making a lot of assumptions... I know it has nothing to do with my iphone, but in previous years the iphone voice mail system was lucky enough to be the only one where you didn't have to listen to the lady options after your greeting.

No it's not a PROBLEM, and i'm not turning it into one. It seems to be a "Feature" I don't care for. I would rather have it back to the way it was before.

I find it funny, when just a week ago David Pogue wrote about "taking back the beep" to change AT&T voicemail away from those voice prompt options after the greeting...

In direct response to Pogue's campaign, AT&T has said it will change its voicemail system. Mark Siegel, executive director of media relations for the wireless carrier, said the company is exploring ways to shorten the voicemail message it currently has.

So ironically, the iphone voice mail has not been shortened, but made longer. :rolleyes: