What the heck can I at least USE my iPhone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nkkumi01, Jun 30, 2007.

1. nkkumi01 macrumors newbie

I don't mind waiting for the 24 hrs required for porting, but why can't I use the iphone, if only to browse thru the settings, and add songs movies, etc. Why is it still locked up even though i'm registered with att's service. This was a really stupid decision by apple, i'm seriously considering returning the phone.

I paid 676.89 for this phone, can at least play with the multi touch while i wait for service activation. :mad:

2. jshbckr macrumors 6502

It probably wasn't Apple's decision. It was probably AT&T's end of the deal. They want to make sure people won't just come in and buy an iPhone but not use their service. That way you can't bypass AT&T.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Returning it because you have to wait up to 24hrs for activation before playing. Many are having much worse problems.

Be glad you only have less then 24hrs to go :p

4. nkkumi01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just think for 600, It would be MY phone!! Why is it that my phone is locked even though i have registered it with att!!

5. unity macrumors 6502a

AT&T can port your number over in seconds - its the OTHER provider that has you number that is causing the slowness. Been down that road many times with corporate accounts. Its all about you now former provider "releasing" the number.

6. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Im a Sprint customer and they did a 24 hour hold not AT&T - after two hours on the phone with sprint they finally released my number after I got them to do a conference call with AT&T.

Sprint not only pissed me off they made it 100% chance I will never use them again.