What the heck did they do to MacRumors?

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
What did they do to the forum? Before it used to say first page and last page and it would give you page numbers in between on all the threads. Now theres no page numbers, and i cant find anything im looking for! Grrrr

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im at a loss as well.......screenshot would help

are you talking about browsing the forums? or a particular thread? :confused:

Comment

mpinsk

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2004
email notification

this may be off-topic but i dont know where to post...

is there a way to get notified via email when a new rumor is posted?

thanks
mark

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Im on a wintel machine at the moment. Using xp. Tell me how to give you a screen shot and i will.

Comment

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
If I recall correctly to perform a screen grab in XP, you do shift+print screen. It will be pasted in the Office clipboard, which yuo can open in any Office app. Open the clipboard and paste the pic. Then you click on the picture, select Save As, then save it. I would suggest a JPEG in this situation, because I don't know if MR can upload PNGs. Then you can upload it to the thread. This was how I performed all of my screengrabs in XP. Hope that I helped and can assist you in solving your problem. :)

Comment

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Actually I think you can just press "prt scr" print screen, launch your favourite photo editing software or microsoft paint and just paste.

Comment

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
angelneo said:
Actually I think you can just press "prt scr" print screen, launch your favourite photo editing software or microsoft paint and just paste.
Yep.

What was it, and how did you fix it, ^^? I am just curious, thats all..

Comment

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I love it when you trying to help and you don't get any feed back and then its fixed and you're still in the dark. Thanks.

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Well, i wasnt trying to leave you guys in the dark. I was just trying to make myself look like less of an idiot. Since i somehow changed the display mode on the page while viewing the threads. :rolleyes: Yes yes, i know. :eek:

Comment

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Sorry just re-read my post - it sounds awful. I've given up cigarettes recently and I can still be a b*st**d. Ignore me for the next ten years.

Comment

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
while were still being random...

...how many posts did you guys have to make before your "identity pictures?" displayed under your screen name? I see that newbies dont have that privilage.

and for my random link of the day: click me to be amazed :cool:

Comment

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
SAdProZ said:
...how many posts did you guys have to make before your "identity pictures?" displayed under your screen name? I see that newbies dont have that privilage.
BTW, they are called "Avatars" or "'tars" for short.

Comment

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I saw a lot of avatars, so I thought I'd post here. I havn't noticed anything new.

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
LOL, I had to stare at Jim Sowden's one-line post for a minute before I got the joke. :D

Even though it is more fun to heckle in this thread than contribute :rolleyes:, my forums account suddenly went threaded mode just now, too, which I think is the issue CaptainCaveMann had. When the view is in threaded mode, you do not get links in the thread viewer modes (like New Posts) for separate pages deeper within the thread. The odd thing is that when I went to preferences to change it back to linear, it was already in linear. But I clicked save anyway, and it went away.

Comment