Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
So I've been using apple portables for a long time. I never ever have seen this.

Red battery indicator inside the OS? This is on a mid '10 i5 mbp.
wtf.png

Last edited by a moderator:

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
So, I calibrate my battery quite regularly. In fact that happened just after I unplugged it from a calibration cycle. Additionally I am fully aware of what each of the icons/indicators mean when regarding the battery as described in your link.

The link clearly does not tell what the full red battery means so i'm not sure why exactly you sent it.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
So, I calibrate my battery quite regularly. In fact that happened just after I unplugged it from a calibration cycle. Additionally I am fully aware of what each of the icons/indicators mean when regarding the battery as described in your link.

The link clearly does not tell what the full red battery means so i'm not sure why exactly you sent it.

I'm sorry it didn't supply the answer. I provided it because it told what the various different icons represent. My guess, since there apparently isn't one for a full red battery is that it's a rendering glitch. Just trying to be helpful...

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Option-click on the battery menulet and see what it tells you the condition of the battery is. Alternatively, restart and see what it does.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.