What the heck?!?!? ("first delivery attempt was unsuccessful")

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Obscurelight, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Here is the email I got from Apple

Dear Ritchie,

Thank you for your purchase.

Apple has received notification from the carrier that the first delivery attempt for your shipment was unsuccessful. The carrier will make two more delivery attempts before returning the shipment to Apple.

Apple offers three options for your convenience:

1. If you will not be home for delivery, you can pre-sign for your shipment. Just visit <http://apple.com/orderstatus>, log in to your account, and click the "Pre-sign for this shipment" link.

2. You can also contact the carrier directly to:

• Hold your shipment at the carrier for pickup
    • Correct a shipping address
    • Return an in transit shipment to Apple

Didn't bother posting the rest but basically my shipment is set to arrive on thursday according to FedEx why would they tell Apple that I wasn't home?!? The package is still trackable and in Arkansas at the moment. Anyone had any experience with something like this?

2. srxtr macrumors 6502a

If you signed up to get the free $100 gift card, Apple will most likely make two shipments, one for your mac, and one for the gift card.

Maybe they attempted to ship out the gift card first?

3. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ah that would make sense except the darn fedex driver lied then, didn't even see a fedex sticker on my door and was home all day long.

4. stevenpa macrumors 6502

My MBA arrived today. Apple said it would arrive by the 27th, Fedex the 28th. Are you sure it's still in Arkansas?

5. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well that's what fedex tracking tells me