What the hell happened to my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steelzeh, Sep 22, 2015.

1. steelzeh macrumors newbie

steelzeh

Hey guys i really need help..

I was charging my Macbook Pro (Model: A1398) 15 inch. Then i go to school and i need to charge my macbook at the end of the day and now it won't charge :/ So my question is what the hell happened to it?

I plugin my MagSafe 2 and nothing happens at all.... I mean nothing absolutely nothing. No light on the MagSafe. They battery works still as i have around 10% charge on it left. I've attached a picture of my battery information and the condition is normal.

So i did some research and found out that if the DC MagSafe board is failing you should get a dim light on the charger but i don't. There is absolutely no light on it. I know the charger works as i tried it on a different macbook. I have tried to reset the SMC and it didn't help :(

Can you guys help me out? Yes i tried cleaning the magsafe for debris, didn't help. How can i further diagnose this problem? And i want to say that this isn't the first time i've had this problem. This is my second time but the first time it fixed itself as i wiggled it around and cleaned it up a bit. But now nothing. nothing helps. Please i really need help.

Attached Files:

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

You need to try another charger on your Mac to conclusively prove. It could still be the magsafe board even with no light.

3. steelzeh thread starter macrumors newbie

steelzeh

Yeah i've tried a different charger on my mac and that didn't help. Can i swap the MagSagfe Board on my macbook? I mean do i need to buy a new logic board or can i swap the MagSafe board itself?
    Thanks for the help dude.

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi